DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Safe Import Doesn't Work

spencermcdonald

Reactions
Good afternoon

I need some help. Just bought a new DJI Air S2. Unlocked the Fly Safe data. Tried to Import on my controller and keep getting a message "Not Connected to Aircraft." Can someone please give me directions to resolve this one.

Thank you

Spencer McDonald

I'm unsure what you mean by "unlocked" the Fly safe data... You need to have the RC connected to a powered up drone & the RC connected to your mobile device. You will be prompted on the mobile device that you can download an update for the Fly safe, if you chose to continue the Fly safe data will be downloaded to your mobile device & then transferred to the drone where it will be stored.

So if you haven't connected to your drone that's the culprit... "Not Connected to Aircraft"

I'm unsure what you mean by "unlocked" the Fly safe data... You need to have the RC connected to a powered up drone & the RC connected to your mobile device. You will be prompted on the mobile device that you can download an update for the Fly safe, if you chose to continue the Fly safe data will be downloaded to your mobile device & then transferred to the drone where it will be stored.

So if you haven't connected to your drone that's the culprit... "Not Connected to Aircraft"
Ok. Let me try to be more clear.

1. I went to DJI.com/flysafe and unlocked the zone I needed. It was approved.
2. I turned on the drone, then the controller.
3. Navigated to "Unlocked Zone" on the controller.

I got an messages that read... "Aircraft not connected."

FYI... this is a new drone and never unlocked a zone before on this one. On my other Air S2 it works ever time.

This is where I am lost. How do I get the aircraft connected. There was an "Activated Aircraft" button and the only thing that popped up was a message that asked if I would like to import the download... what download?

Basically... I need to connect the aircraft to the controller (I guess) in order to be able to "Import" my approved unlocked zone. Anyone??

Yes that's right. Connect it all and turn it on, log on, load DJI fly, then it'll import it from your account to the drone

The drone is what needs the database, not the controller. The drone knows where it is, and compares it to the fly safe database. That way it will always avoid the zone even if the controller has lost connection with the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.