DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flyaway mavic 2 pro

Tank
Yes ... I was able to get the .txt file from Airdata.
Here's what that data looks like: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
You were correct, the data does not have any clues to solve the mystery.
The drone was high above any obstacles, had enough battery and was making good speed towards home when the data just stops.
Was the wreckage near the last position or was it somewhere else?
Tanks for yoou reply,
I see .txf file now, how did you do?
I found aircraft 500 m. far from last position witout battery..

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Tankyou for yours answers,
I see .txt you posted. How did you do?
I fond the aircraft 500 m away from last position...
GOOD NEWS from DJI, the recognized Mavic in under warranty!
I have to send it.

Tankyou for yours answers,
I see .txt you posted. How did you do?
I fond the aircraft 500 m away from last position...
GOOD NEWS from DJI, the recognized Mavic in under warranty!
I have to send it.

500 meters from the last point is very strange. If it shut down and fell it should have descended approximately as shown below, based on initial speed and heading, height, wind speed and direction, and normal Mavic 2 drag characteristics. Where did you find it?

1594646817518.png

500 meters from the last point is very strange. If it shut down and fell it should have descended approximately as shown below, based on initial speed and heading, height, wind speed and direction, and normal Mavic 2 drag characteristics. Where did you find it?

View attachment 107682
I found it in a white area.
I don't know what the exact distance, I think is almost 500 m.
Tankyou for your interest1594646817518.png

I found it in a white area.
I don't know what the exact distance, I think is almost 500 m.
Tankyou for your interestView attachment 107869

Thanks for the information. That's actually just 130 m from the last point, and around 35 m from my calculation based on AirData's wind speed. The actual location is very useful for assessing the accuracy of the drag model and the wind data. In this case I had used an average wind speed of 5 m/s at 220°, even though the last couple of data points suggested 8 m/s. Increasing the wind speed to 8 m/s improves the distance, but it also requires changing the wind direction to 210° to match where you found it. It's a good illustration of just how sensitive the calculations are to wind speed when falling from that height. That gives the blue descent track, which obviously was approximately correct:

grab149.jpg

[QUOTE = "sar104, post: 1055312, membro: 22742"]
Grazie per l'informazione. In realtà sono solo 130 m dall'ultimo punto e circa 35 m dal mio calcolo basato sulla velocità del vento di AirData. La posizione effettiva è molto utile per valutare l'accuratezza del modello di trascinamento e i dati del vento. In questo caso avevo usato una velocità media del vento di 5 m / s a 220 °, anche se l'ultimo paio di punti dati suggeriva 8 m / s. Aumentare la velocità del vento a 8 m / s migliora la distanza, ma richiede anche cambiare la direzione del vento a 210 ° per adattarla al punto in cui l'hai trovata. È una buona illustrazione di quanto siano sensibili i calcoli alla velocità del vento quando si scende da quell'altezza. Questo dà la traccia di discesa blu, che ovviamente era approssimativamente corretta:

[ATTACH = full] 107876 [/ attach]
[/ CITAZIONE]
Tanks for your reply
Did you find wind data in website airdata?
did you expect the drone to crash from 1000 feet without engines?
/ CITAZIONE]

[QUOTE = "sar104, post: 1055312, membro: 22742"]
Grazie per l'informazione. In realtà sono solo 130 m dall'ultimo punto e circa 35 m dal mio calcolo basato sulla velocità del vento di AirData. La posizione effettiva è molto utile per valutare l'accuratezza del modello di trascinamento e i dati del vento. In questo caso avevo usato una velocità media del vento di 5 m / s a 220 °, anche se l'ultimo paio di punti dati suggeriva 8 m / s. Aumentare la velocità del vento a 8 m / s migliora la distanza, ma richiede anche cambiare la direzione del vento a 210 ° per adattarla al punto in cui l'hai trovata. È una buona illustrazione di quanto siano sensibili i calcoli alla velocità del vento quando si scende da quell'altezza. Questo dà la traccia di discesa blu, che ovviamente era approssimativamente corretta:

[ATTACH = full] 107876 [/ attach]
[/ CITAZIONE]
Tanks for your reply
Did you find wind data in website airdata?
did you expect the drone to crash from 1000 feet without engines?
/ CITAZIONE]

As I pointed out in post #26 - the crash position that you indicated was only 130 m from the last recorded position, not 1000 ft. And yes - that position is consistent with wind drag on the free fall descent. The wind data that I used in that calculation were computed from the attitude / ground velocity data by AirData's Mavic 2 aerodynamic model.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM