DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Flying A Mini With A Missing Propeller

I am left wondering what was the point of this?
Such a dusty environment is unlikely to have been good for the drone, there is a risk of jamming a motor. Nor will the vibrations caused by the imbalance been good for the motor or airframe. Then to leave the drone's motors running for so long whilst it was upside down is questionable.
One interesting point is that the motors did not stop due to excessive tilt.

The result was predictable... :eek::eek::eek:

Cheers!

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Such a dusty environment is unlikely to have been good for the drone, there is a risk of jamming a motor. Nor will the vibrations caused by the imbalance been good for the motor or airframe. Then to leave the drone's motors running for so long whilst it was upside down is questionable.
Ditto YP…???😵‍💫

I think the moral of the story is, if you attempt to launch your drone and it immediately starts to act strange, then IMMEDIATELY land it, shut off the motors and try to figure out what's wrong, not crash it and then say, hey it stills works.

Reactions: chiangmaicharlies
I think the moral of the story is, if you attempt to launch your drone and it immediately starts to act strange, then IMMEDIATELY land it, shut off the motors and try to figure out what's wrong, not crash it and then say, hey it stills works.
The purpose of this video was to see if the drone could fly without a propeller. I know how it would react because it has flown off in icing before.

The purpose was to test if the drone can fly without a propeller. I had done this away from any property or people that could have been damaged. After it flipped I tried to stop the props but they would not.

After it flipped I tried to stop the props but they would not.

Wow, CSC didn't work ?

I figured you had upgraded and just wanted to try this on the old mini.
Good it was undamaged anyway, but don't try selling it here in the classifieds later, or maybe 'crashed once only' ha ha.

Wow, CSC didn't work ?

I figured you had upgraded and just wanted to try this on the old mini.
Good it was undamaged anyway, but don't try selling it here in the classifieds later, or maybe 'crashed once only' ha ha.
The mini is the 2nd drone I have. I also own an Emax tinyhawk 2 freestyle. I had crashed it previously and replaced the top but there is no damage. I might eventually label it “lightly crashed.”

And now you have 7 other damaged props.
And probably a bunch of dirt and rock in the motors.
And a lesson learned.(hopefully)

The purpose was to test if the drone can fly without a propeller. I had done this away from any property or people that could have been damaged. After it flipped I tried to stop the props but they would not.
What command did you use to try to stop the motors?
If the response to the CSC is set to the default of "emergency only", or what ever the name is, the CSC will ONLY stop the motors IF the drone 'thinks' it has suffered an 'emergency' and the definition of "emergency" is unknown.
I very much dislike that situation but with the alternative setting it is too easy to trigger a mid air shut down and questionable whether or not the motors can be restarted in mid air.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead