DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying abroad

adam_drone

Reactions
Hi! I recently took my Mavic mini 2 to Antigua from the UK but connection would be lost within around a couple of minutes no matter where on the island I was and no matter the signal but in the UK now it works fine! Has anybody else had problems while using abroad and would it be worth getting a different drone in the future?

Hi! I recently took my Mavic mini 2 to Antigua from the UK but connection would be lost within around a couple of minutes no matter where on the island I was and no matter the signal but in the UK now it works fine! Has anybody else had problems while using abroad and would it be worth getting a different drone in the future?
Can you be more specific as to what was happening? Loss of signal to what - drone / RC or GPS?

If you have flight log while on the island, post them for review - it may tell something.

There's no physical reason the drone should perform differently wherever you take it.
This simply isn't true, there is a massive difference between the USA and Europe. Here in Europe we can get nowhere near the alleged 10km range, more like 5km - 6 km on a remote moor away from any interference.

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
This simply isn't true, there is a massive difference between the USA and Europe. Here in Europe we can get nowhere near the alleged 10km range, more like 5km - 6 km on a remote moor away from any interference.
That is not even the topic being discussed. This OP was from Britain and went to Antigua. Range of the drone has zippo to do with the issue.

Please show me anyone who can see a Mini or Mini2 or even an Air2 / Mavic at 10 km's or even you're reduced 5-6km Euro range. None of that is LEGAL in the US or in most countries.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris Rees
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s