DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Flying aver the Mediterranean Sea and beach in Israel

Julius Danziger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Facts about the Mediterranean Sea
  1. It was filled in under 2 years. Based on the massive size of the Mediterranean Sea, it might seem unfathomable that it was created in less than two years. However, the results of scientific studies have shown that an ancient flood filled the area in that little of time.
  2. The Mediterranean is over 5 million years old. The Mediterranean Sea is not quite old enough to remember the dinosaurs, but it is still really old. A massive flood that occurred about 5.33 million years ago created what is now known as the Mediterranean Sea.
  3. There are 3.7 million cubic kilometres of water. There is more than a cup or two that is for sure. It is estimated that there are approximately 3.7 million cubic kilometres of water within the Mediterranean Sea.
  4. The water is much darker than normal. The Mediterranean Sea has become iconic for many things, one of which is its abnormally dark blue waters. The sea lacks many nutrients that lead to plant growth, meaning it appears darker than the average ocean waters and produces an instantly recognizable color.
  5. There are very few tides. Unlike other extremely large bodies of water, the Mediterranean Sea has very limited tides. This is due to the area being almost entirely landlocked and only being connected to the Atlantic Ocean through the narrow Strait of Gibraltar.
  6. Its name means “Center of the Earth”. The name “Mediterranean” comes from two Latin words “Medius” (Middle) and “Terra” (Earth as in soil). To the ancient Romans, the Mediterranean was the center of the Earth as they knew it.
  7. .The Mediterranean once went completely dry. It is hard to believe that such a large body of water could completely disappear, but that is exactly what recent research suggests. It’s believed that about 6 million years ago the Messinian Salinity Crisis caused the Mediterranean Sea to temporarily disappear for a few hundred thousand years. That flood mentioned earlier is ultimately what refilled it.

Attachments

• medi2 copy.jpg
    medi2 copy.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
I think the photo is just a bit over-saturated.

Reactions: CKWUSA
Facts about the Mediterranean Sea
  1. It was filled in under 2 years. Based on the massive size of the Mediterranean Sea, it might seem unfathomable that it was created in less than two years. However, the results of scientific studies have shown that an ancient flood filled the area in that little of time.
  2. The Mediterranean is over 5 million years old. The Mediterranean Sea is not quite old enough to remember the dinosaurs, but it is still really old. A massive flood that occurred about 5.33 million years ago created what is now known as the Mediterranean Sea.
  3. There are 3.7 million cubic kilometres of water. There is more than a cup or two that is for sure. It is estimated that there are approximately 3.7 million cubic kilometres of water within the Mediterranean Sea.
  4. The water is much darker than normal. The Mediterranean Sea has become iconic for many things, one of which is its abnormally dark blue waters. The sea lacks many nutrients that lead to plant growth, meaning it appears darker than the average ocean waters and produces an instantly recognizable color.
  5. There are very few tides. Unlike other extremely large bodies of water, the Mediterranean Sea has very limited tides. This is due to the area being almost entirely landlocked and only being connected to the Atlantic Ocean through the narrow Strait of Gibraltar.
  6. Its name means “Center of the Earth”. The name “Mediterranean” comes from two Latin words “Medius” (Middle) and “Terra” (Earth as in soil). To the ancient Romans, the Mediterranean was the center of the Earth as they knew it.
  7. .The Mediterranean once went completely dry. It is hard to believe that such a large body of water could completely disappear, but that is exactly what recent research suggests. It’s believed that about 6 million years ago the Messinian Salinity Crisis caused the Mediterranean Sea to temporarily disappear for a few hundred thousand years. That flood mentioned earlier is ultimately what refilled it.
The color balance on this image is way into the red zone. It needs better color grading.

I actually like the photo especially if you're trying to make a statement with it. Maybe it is that red. If you shoot some scenes in Georgia (USA), that red, clay soil can look really red in the right light. Great facts.

I actually like the photo especially if you're trying to make a statement with it. Maybe it is that red. If you shoot some scenes in Georgia (USA), that red, clay soil can look really red in the right light. Great facts.
I tried my hand at color correcting this. Here are the original and the edited versions.You can clearly see the better greens in the grass, and the horizon tilt is fixed. The green cast in the shallow water is gone. The buildings are white instead of orange.

Dale
Original version.jpgEdited version.jpg

Reactions: GFields
I tried my hand at color correcting this. Here are the original and the edited versions.You can clearly see the better greens in the grass, and the horizon tilt is fixed. The green cast in the shallow water is gone. The buildings are white instead of orange.

Dale
View attachment 148930View attachment 148931
Dale, your version clearly looks more real. The original looks post apocalyptic. OOOOoooooo.

Thanks for your input.The color of the sea was more greenish to the visual eye...In addition the sky was not as blue as this..The shallow water had a greenish cast in the water.
Would you like me to send you the original and we could review this?

Thanks for your input.The color of the sea was more greenish to the visual eye...In addition the sky was not as blue as this..The shallow water had a greenish cast in the water.
Sure please send original
Dale

I would love to see the original as well

I posted both original and the edited versions - scroll back to above

Dale
I thought you posted the one the OP originally provided, not the original. In fact, you stated just above my comment,

'Sure please send original " Dale. So guess I am totally confused lol

I thought you posted the one the OP originally provided, not the original. In fact, you stated just above my comment,

'Sure please send original " Dale. So guess I am totally confused lol
Sure- just scroll up about 4 or 5 items here. I show the original version side by side to the edited version. Let me know if you see it. It was a really easy fix- just moved the temperature slider away from the warm (yellow) and towards the blur (cooler).

Dale

Sure- just scroll up about 4 or 5 items here. I show the original version side by side to the edited version. Let me know if you see it. It was a really easy fix- just moved the temperature slider away from the warm (yellow) and towards the blur (cooler).

Dale
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman