DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying forward - just stopped

Bob Dempsey

Reactions
Hi - I’m recent Air 2 owner - been flying a Mini for a year! So 3or 4 times today while flying the MA2 straight forward it just stopped- like I left off of the stick. I just pushed the stick back to center and pushed forward and the drone flew forward! All in Normal mode - did gimbal cal. IMU cal Prior to flight ! Hope somebody has a solution???

I’m not finding anything out there like this.
I’m new to MA2 but not new to DJI drones. thanks for your help

Reactions: Steel63
Hi - I’m recent Air 2 owner - been flying a Mini for a year! So 3or 4 times today while flying the MA2 straight forward it just stopped- like I left off of the stick. I just pushed the stick back to center and pushed forward and the drone flew forward! All in Normal mode - did gimbal cal. IMU cal Prior to flight ! Hope somebody has a solution???

One thing you can do to determine that the sensors are coming into play is fly in sport mode.
If it does not happen in Sport mode you can than assess that the sensors are being affected most likely from flying towards the sun.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain and Land on water.

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317

I had same issue trying to video sun rise returning to HP it was a little to dark the sensor thought there was an obstacle in the way

I was flying in open desert area - about 200 ft. Flying away from the sun. Second time was flying at 180 ft in my neighborhood about 200 ft away. I’m very confused.

do you have the prop guards attached. They can cause that if they're slightly out of alinement...or at least the would with my spark.

I was flying in open desert area - about 200 ft. Flying away from the sun. Second time was flying at 180 ft in my neighborhood about 200 ft away. I’m very confused.
Did you get a warning I did sensor blocked check air data you should have gotten a warning it happened 3 times

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas