DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Authorized Airspace

Middleclassbubba

Reactions
i have received authorization to fly in the ATL airspace, i applied to use my mavic mini...Do i have to fly the mini or can i fly one of my other drones instead. I am a 107 pilot.

If you have a conventional airspace authorization, it won't require any particular UAS.

Reactions: Gindra
Let’s see if I recall correctly. Register FAA fly for fun, you register yourself and fly any drone. Register as FAA Part 107, you register the drone, fly any registered drone. Or was that bass ackwards!

i have received authorization to fly in the ATL airspace, i applied to use my mavic mini...Do i have to fly the mini or can i fly one of my other drones instead. I am a 107 pilot.

Your authorization request doesn't specify which drone you will be flying, only that the drone is registered under the Part 107 dashboard.

Reactions: Gindra
Your authorization request doesn't specify which drone you will be flying, only that the drone is registered under the Part 107 dashboard.
Yeah, what he said! :)

I thought (but could be wrong) that the authorization requests ask for the weight of the drone, but not the model (at least I think that is what Kittyhawk asks for). So if you said it was a Mavic Mini and then fly almost any other camera drone then you would have not been 'truthful' in the application. So this could be a sticking point for some bureaucrat if they wanted to give you a hard time.

I thought (but could be wrong) that the authorization requests ask for the weight of the drone, but not the model (at least I think that is what Kittyhawk asks for). So if you said it was a Mavic Mini and then fly almost any other camera drone then you would have not been 'truthful' in the application. So this could be a sticking point for some bureaucrat if they wanted to give you a hard time.

AirMap does not ask for the weight of the drone.

Matters not which drone you be a flyin’ when you fly for fun. Even if the drone is the Mavic Mini. The only exception to any of the drone rules (concerning the Mavic Mini) is the registration of it. As long as you keep it under the minimum weight you do NOT have to register, but, you do have to follow all the safety rules and applicable laws. So, for example, in the US, you still must secure LAANC approval if flying in classed airspace.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly