DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Germany

I don't think so. My uncle is an RC hobbyist in Germany, and he is the one that clued me into the regulations in Germany.

Insurance is compulsory. Cant fly within 100m of roads, rail, hospitals, power stations, military, private land, water courses, no flying in national parks, over prisons, ports, crowds or groups of more than 5 people (or maybe 3 I forgot). the drone must be fitted with a non distructable label name, address, phone number of owner. Lots of towns and cities are no fly zones. Obviously not near airports.

I wanted a drone for so long, but its become so restricted that basically there is no where left to legally fly as far as i can see.

Insurance is compulsory. Cant fly within 100m of roads, rail, hospitals, power stations, military, private land, water courses, no flying in national parks, over prisons, ports, crowds or groups of more than 5 people (or maybe 3 I forgot). the drone must be fitted with a non distructable label name, address, phone number of owner. Lots of towns and cities are no fly zones. Obviously not near airports.

I wanted a drone for so long, but its become so restricted that basically there is no where left to legally fly as far as i can see.
There is a loop hole to that though. If you fly at max altitude, 100m, you are still 100m away from the site. Not saying I'm encouraging such flights.

Label only compulsory after October 2017

There is a loop hole to that though. If you fly at max altitude, 100m, you are still 100m away from the site. Not saying I'm encouraging such flights.
It's lateral separation, not vertical... no loophole.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.