DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Madeira?

@Andrewzc based on the VOANABOA app I see no limitations of flying in parks except for near Airport and near the Heliport of Funchal where you need ANAC authorization
You need to register if taking pictures and also there is an additional step if you are flying over the water and beaches. I am travelling from Canada and went through the whole process recently. Your drone needs to be registered in the EU and I am not sure with Brexit where you stand. I registered through Germany as was easier to convert to English than Portugal. Next you have to apply for an account with the e-AAN - Login. . Then you will need to register for your flights and any flights over the water, beaches etc have to be approved through the appropriate maritime authority, but only after the AAN approves and you write and include the approval to [email protected]. . We are not there until March 10, but I applied saying I would be there Mid February to ensure I got the approvals in time. It was important for me to learn that if you are taking pictures you need to register. There was no cost to do this. The only cost I had was getting my EU license, EU registration and my liability insurance . Any questions feel free to reach out. I struggled to get it done and the information is tedious to go through

I registered in Germany , was easier to have my browser translate to English and much easier procedure

How was your trip?

Did you get all your approvals, first with e-AAN and then with the local authorities in Madeira?

Did you fly only along the coast or in the mountains, where there are some ecological and national parks?

I'm looking at this map, which contains some links to emails for the yellow zones on Madeira.

How was your trip?

Did you get all your approvals, first with e-AAN and then with the local authorities in Madeira?

Did you fly only along the coast or in the mountains, where there are some ecological and national parks?

I'm looking at this map, which contains some links to emails for the yellow zones on Madeira.

We had a great trip. Most of my flying that I was able to get done was along the coast. The weather didn’t always cooperate, during the time. We were here. There was a fair bit of wind, which restricted my ability and also other responsibilities I had to attend to. I was happy that I had all my approvals. I was familiar with the areas that I couldn’t fly mainly the airport and pico Aereiro, where there is a military installation and radar station. The biggest determine factor was weather

We had a great trip. Most of my flying that I was able to get done was along the coast. The weather didn’t always cooperate, during the time. We were here. There was a fair bit of wind, which restricted my ability and also other responsibilities I had to attend to. I was happy that I had all my approvals. I was familiar with the areas that I couldn’t fly mainly the airport and pico Aereiro, where there is a military installation and radar station. The biggest determine factor was weather
Do you mean Pico do Aereiro, a mountain peak north of Funchal?

I see that it has a small town Curral das Freiras to the SW and an observatory to the SE.

That's too bad if you can't fly up there, looks spectacular.

Did you contact the Madeira agencies separately from AAN?

If you are taking pictures you need to register. I am travelling from Canada and went through the whole process recently. Your drone needs to be registered in the EU and I am not sure with Brexit where you stand. I registered through Germany as was easier to convert to English than Portugal. Next you have to apply for an account with the e-AAN - Login. . Then you will need to register for your flights and any flights over the water, beaches etc have to be approved through the appropriate maritime authority, but only after the AAN approves and you write and include the approval to [email protected]. . We are not there until March 10, but I applied saying I would be there Mid February to ensure I got the approvals in time. It was important for me to learn that if you are taking pictures you need to register. There was no cost to do this. The only cost I had was getting my EU license, EU registration and my liability insurance . Any questions feel free to reach out. I struggled to get it done and the information is tedious to go through
Hello, how long did it take to get approval for your flights? I submitted them some 10-14 days ago. Three of them were approved (status deferred) immediately, the rest is still in status Submitted. We are going to Madeira in 10 days so I'm getting a bit worried. Some of the flights will still need approval from maritime authority and there is not so much time remaining. Also, were you checked or contacted by any authority while being on Madeira?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S