DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Poland and Germany

Luseepilot

Reactions
I have a project in October which will involve flying in German and Polish airspace. I've looked online the best I can and have consulted my Airspace App as far as permissions to fly in the areas I need.
I would really appreciate if someone who flies in these countries regularly could PM me with any suggestions regarding flying restrictions. It seems straight forward, I just don't want to miss anything.
Thank You

I have a project in October which will involve flying in German and Polish airspace. I've looked online the best I can and have consulted my Airspace App as far as permissions to fly in the areas I need.
I would really appreciate if someone who flies in these countries regularly could PM me with any suggestions regarding flying restrictions. It seems straight forward, I just don't want to miss anything.
Thank You
Suggest you contact the RAF they did extensive flying in these areas. :)

Reactions: dannybgoode
Thank You

Is it a commercial project or a personal one. The rules are very different depending on this.

It’s commercial, I’m part 107 cert

In most countries they do not recognise another jurisdictions qualification and in even where they do expect you to apply for a commercial licence in that country.

For example Poland requires you to have a medical certificate and also evidence of having an *EU* commercial flying certificate. They do not appear to recognise 107. You also need €1m liability insurance.

Germany doesn’t have different rules for commercial flights so you do not need to be certified but you must by specific drone insurance only available from German insurance companies (and apparently only available to people living in Germany).

Reactions: FLPilotshark
you must by specific drone insurance only available from German insurance companies (and apparently only available to people living in Germany)
Since when is that? I mean the "only from German companies for German residents" thing, not the insurance as such.

I'd have thought any third party liability insurance covering flights in Germany would be sufficient...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54