DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in restricted zone.

Welcome to the forum...

Just because a drone has GPS doesn’t mean they all work the same.

Your problem is due to DJI’s Geo Zone ‘feature’:

If you live in an area with FAA flight restrictions you might want to see if you can legally fly there...

I would also encourage you to download the FAA B4UFLY app; it can also give you some insight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeke
Reactions: Gindra
It depends on exactly where you are. Falls Church, VA seems to be 4 to 5 miles away from DC so you may not be limited by the TFR restriction. It could be a different airspace restriction. It’s also possible that you can unlock to fly. I use the VFR sectionals but many use various apps to determine the class of airspace.

It depends on exactly where you are. Falls Church, VA seems to be 4 to 5 miles away from DC so you may not be limited by the TFR restriction. It could be a different airspace restriction. It’s also possible that you can unlock to fly. I use the VFR sectionals but many use various apps to determine the class of airspace.

It's a 30 NM radius restriction:

IMG_1BFD998D36BE-1.jpeg

Reactions: Gindra and Thomas B
What’s best iPhone app or source for sectional charts for a general area not necessarily around an airport? Just want to see boundaries of any MOA’s, and restricted areas, on my phone.

What’s best iPhone app or source for sectional charts for a general area not necessarily around an airport? Just want to see boundaries of any MOA’s, and restricted areas, on my phone.
The best Iphone app is FOREFLIGHT but it's expensive for drone flying.. 100 bucks a year..for any pilot it's super cheap considering how expensive charts are and the fact that you have to carry current charts covering any flight you make. With a Ipad or Iphone you are geo located on the sectional.
Garmin makes a similar app for android.
I bet any pilot at your local airport would help you get a used sectional if you asked.

The best Iphone app is FOREFLIGHT but it's expensive for drone flying.. 100 bucks a year..for any pilot it's super cheap considering how expensive charts are and the fact that you have to carry current charts covering any flight you make. With a Ipad or Iphone you are geo located on the sectional.
Garmin makes a similar app for android.
I bet any pilot at your local airport would help you get a used sectional if you asked.
There are vendors who will charge, but FAA sectional charts are free from FAA. Get them here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980