DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO Zone Restrictions.

KBF

Reactions
According DJI, not the FAA, I'm in a restricted zone. I've had no warning of this and have flown my Mavic 3 pro around my farm although it doesn't let me fly higher than 100 meters (if I remember correctly), just telling me 'max altitude reached'
I only found out I'm in a restricted zone when I contacted DJI to ask why active track wasn't available to me.
This is kind of a side step from my other post, but wanted to know specifically if anyone else has noticed this problem with active track and any other functions when they are in a DJI classed restricted zone? B4UFly says I'm good to go, so does FAA maps. Is DJI correct as to why active track isn't available?

According DJI, not the FAA, I'm in a restricted zone. I've had no warning of this and have flown my Mavic 3 pro around my farm although it doesn't let me fly higher than 100 meters (if I remember correctly), just telling me 'max altitude reached'
I only found out I'm in a restricted zone when I contacted DJI to ask why active track wasn't available to me.
This is kind of a side step from my other post, but wanted to know specifically if anyone else has noticed this problem with active track and any other functions when they are in a DJI classed restricted zone? B4UFly says I'm good to go, so does FAA maps. Is DJI correct as to why active track isn't available?
If DJI says you are in a restricted zone, but it's not restricted by the FAA or in B4UFLy, you can report the discrepancy to DJI who can update their safety maps. Do you know the extent of the DJI zone compared to any nearby FAA restricted areas?

Reactions: KBF
If DJI says you are in a restricted zone, but it's not restricted by the FAA or in B4UFLy, you can report the discrepancy to DJI who can update their safety maps. Do you know the extent of the DJI zone compared to any nearby FAA restricted areas?
If I'm reading it correctly (I'm new to all this!) it's off by a few miles.

If I'm reading it correctly (I'm new to all this!) it's off by a few miles.
Definitely worth reporting to DJI to update their Flysafe database.

I live close to an airport that is class D airspace. What I do is submit a custom unlock request and upload a screenshot of the approved LAANC. They always approve it within a few minutes then you can fly with no problems as long as you don’t exceed the height you are authorized to fly. I got a LAANC for a day but requested and DJI approved the custom unlock for 10 days. I will get others as needed and don’t have to go back to DJI which is nice.

IMG_0108.jpegIMG_0107.jpeg

I fly in a unlocked restricted zone (blue), and active track still works.

I fly in a unlocked restricted zone (blue), and active track still works.
After I switched off the 'unlock' , active track was still working. I haven't had a chance to try it again yet, I'll try to fly tomorrow and see if it still works. Strange that it didn't and DJI told me it was because I was in a restricted area (which technically I'm not anyway)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne