DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in snow, through a winter wonderland

Ian in London

Reactions
Well, I too threw my Mavic up into the snow over Southern England last weekend. Heaviest fall for a few years.
Tried flying with the plastic dome on first, but the video was very poor and blurred due to the snow flakes hitting the dome.
So I bit the bullet and flew it without the dome, figuring as it was still -1'c or 30'f, there wouldn't be much moisture that would actually end up inside from snow hitting it.

And who doesn't like a mix of dogs, forward & reverse flying and straight down views...?

Cheers
Ian

Well, I too threw my Mavic up into the snow over Southern England last weekend. Heaviest fall for a few years.
Tried flying with the plastic dome on first, but the video was very poor and blurred due to the snow flakes hitting the dome.
So I bit the bullet and flew it without the dome, figuring as it was still -1'c or 30'f, there wouldn't be much moisture that would actually end up inside from snow hitting it.

And who doesn't like a mix of dogs, forward & reverse flying and straight down views...?

Cheers
Ian

Awesome

Wow. Love the church in the snow, very picturesque. Doggies seemed to be having fun. Up here in my part of the North of England we hardly had any snow, usually we get the lot. So thanks for sharing this lovely video. Best wishes for Christmas and happy new year to you, all other Mavic pilots and all those close to your hearts.

Reactions: Ian in London

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James