DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in Spain

Fattybolatty

Reactions
Hi all, im off to Tenerife in September and hope to take my spark or mavic .I have looked into restrictions in place by the spanish government which seem a little strict but fair enough but just wondering if anyone has actually flow over there recently?
Are the rules enforced strictly? Are there many areas where you can fly well within the rules?
We are staying in the Los Cristianos area.

Check out the youtuber NeverMindYourOwn. He got a warning while fine flying in the national park and then the spanish government hunted him down and sent a fine after he posted his videos. They can be quite strict. He goes over his experience on Tenerife in a few videos.

Why the heck would he fly in a national park! One of the areas you are specifically banned!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lowrider
I went to Gran Canaria earlier in the year. Was in a yellow "warning" no fly zone. Only had a quick flight.
Got stopped at the airport on the way back (unconnected to my quick flight), the security lady who scanned my bag literally had no idea and called a police officer over, once he saw it and the amount of batteries i had (3) he was fine and waved me on my way.
Apparently the islands are not fans of drones !! Be careful out there.

Just for information about FUERTEVENTURA
Don't bring your Mavic :) because it have really toooooo much wind.
I was there for Kite surfing and think to do some nice drone shots.... never hade small wind to fly. Always full power windy.
Use the luggage for better things.....

Spain is pretty much normal rules, over people, venues, aircraft, altitude etc.
National parks and NFZ obviously.
My advice is don't break the rules and then post it on YouTube

I was researching Spain, ans specifically Gran Canaria, and it seems to be a no-go zone for tourism of flying. Here are some resource:

The Rules and Regulations of Drone Flying in Spain - Right Spain
How to Legally Fly Your Drone in Gran Canaria

NFZ map of Spain:
IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ®

PS: Spanish government own all the rights to any videos you may take with your drone. If you so much as try to monetise on them (like posting on YT), you'll get a sizeable fine.

Anybody have the explanation for the colors in the NFZ map of Spain?

Anybody have the explanation for the colors in the NFZ map of Spain?
Hi
If your referring dji NFZ map

Warning Zones. In these Zones, which may not necessarily appear on the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning message. Example Warning Zone: A protected wildlife area.
green-marker-53eb7cc624cfd94d7fefd0ab5b8d81d2.png

Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.Example Enhanced Warning Zone: A farm which is 3 miles away from a busy international airport.
yellow-marker-3b0ce5541b5d39a4efcc6c5b40cc5dee.png

Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear yellow in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account.Example Authorization Zone: Model aircraft flying club near an airport.
red-marker-8b243e5c0c2be16d15027d4cfa292e8d.png

Restricted Zones. In these Zones, which appear red the DJI GO app, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is prevented. If you believe you have authorization to operate in a Restricted Zone, please contact [email protected] Restricted Zone: Washington D.C

Reactions: Lowrider
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sedmonds