DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying in the storm!

You got some fantastic captures. Now you need to go thru frame by frame and pull some of the best pictures .
That is the reason why we love storms , you were so close to the action , did you manage to get any actual pictures ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO and Droniac
I risked it all and the Air 2 S came through like a champ
Boy is THAT your wheelhouse!! Lol. Man, I absolutely loved it. I saw the title and said that’s gotta be phantomrain! Lmao. Can you put a beacon strobe on top of the “rain coat”? Do you make them in a fluorescent green? Didn’t see on site. You are a madman in a happy way. Keep up the great work. Godspeed Droniac

Boy is THAT your wheelhouse!! Lol. Man, I absolutely loved it. I saw the title and said that’s gotta be phantomrain! Lmao. Can you put a beacon strobe on top of the “rain coat”? Do you make them in a fluorescent green? Didn’t see on site. You are a madman in a happy way. Keep up the great work. Godspeed Droniac
Appologies. Thought it was Phantomrain shoot. I hope you both can understand. ??

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I risked it all and the Air 2 S came through like a champ
Great job. Stick with the phantomrain-man for this penchant. Seems it’s his expertise and business. ??

You got some fantastic captures. Now you need to go thru frame by frame and pull some of the best pictures .
That is the reason why we love storms , you were so close to the action , did you manage to get any actual pictures ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2/S in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
no I just shot video, but it was in 4k

thanks, not sure about the rest of you post..lol

Reactions: Droniac
no problem
Nonetheless I truly enjoyed what you captured. Very cool. I am actually finally going to purchase my MP2 raingear from phantomrain. If you love what we do, take a look at his site. Opens a new door for me. Plus there’s not many people outside which is a safety in its own right. (Ok I’m stretching it a bit but rationalization got me my MP2) Lol. Godspeed.

Reactions: Capt KO and bstanga
Nice and thanks for sharing.

I think you will be amazed when you go thru that time line frame by frame and see some of the Amazing , stunning pictures that you can pull from the Time Line since you shot in 4K,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I'm going to look at the wet suits right now. If I can fly in the pouring rain that would be great.

Let us know how you plan to protect the motors, gimbal, and camera.
And the props... They too can be damaged in a heavy rain. Think of the speed they are travelling when hitting rain drops. In real flying, a wooden prop on your aircraft can be ruined if you get caught out flying in the rain. Yes I know we don't have wooden props on our drones but keep that in mind.

Let us know how you plan to protect the motors, gimbal, and camera.
Phantom makes a drone umbrella. His system/product works.Technically youd be correct in asking that question no doubt. He’d be best to respond. Although I think he produces a gimble umbrella, check phantomrain.org. ? Godspeed Droniac

Nonetheless I truly enjoyed what you captured. Very cool. I am actually finally going to purchase my MP2 raingear from phantomrain. If you love what we do, take a look at his site. Opens a new door for me. Plus there’s not many people outside which is a safety in its own right. (Ok I’m stretching it a bit but rationalization got me my MP2) Lol. Godspeed.
M2P

Great video

I think you will be amazed when you go thru that time line frame by frame and see some of the Amazing , stunning pictures that you can pull from the Time Line since you shot in 4K,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Can't wait for arrival of my wetsuit + Rescue Jacket for the A2. Thanks Coal

Y'all, had my A2 by the bay today with stunning sunshine/rain but no wetsuit.. yet ?. My P4P with wetsuit has been great fun in the rain (2yrs) but only use it for beach fishing now as the A2 is my new Go-2. Note, the wetsuits help protect from beach sand too! Enjoy ?.

PS: use corrosion block on screws around salt water...or else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure