DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your Underestimating you Mavic 3

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Most of the DJI drones are far better than what most of you can really Percieve.
I myself started to really notice this when Flying in the Rain Storms and Capturing the Lightning bolts.

The simple fact is that incredible Resolution is taking place that your paying premium for and not really able to appreicate or make functional.

This is because you most likely cannot see the pictures that your taking on your computer screens

Some of you post some nice size resolution but have no idea how incredible the pictures are when look at them on My 16 ft wide projection screen.
Insert Picture: here

Recently got this New 50 inch monitor to search for UFO activity in the Clouds and Storms, having a blast by the way really seeing the scope of what the DJI Drones are capturing.
This is creamy smooth and crop of the Storm, I can almost zoom into the Rain Drops .

This is a crop of 1/8 of the Picture, to get some scale as I could scroll all the way over an still not get the size of the entire width of the picture.

CleanShot 2024-04-19 at 17.52.35.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to Fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water , Capture Half Resolution of the Storm.
CleanShot 2024-01-06 at 14.21.53@2x 2.jpg

Last edited:
2024-04-20_11h04_54.png
These are the specs , , that buit in Smart KVM allows me to run 3 different computers all showing on 1 montior screen at the same time. So windows and mac can run side by side and I just drag and drop between the two.

The 90 Watt USB charging hub is a nice touch .

Took me about a day to get to use to the size , but now its seems small.

Reactions: Suren
As much as I don't like the overused word "amazing" that is what I see the Mavic 3 as. MFT with D-log @ 200mbs is no joke in the video world. That blows most camcorders out of the water. I have to assume it's 4:2:0 8 bit as I can find nothing regarding that but it's still quite impressive. Say nothing of the stability of the bird and the precision gimble to create jitter free video. Video makers rarely share their secrets but I would bet we are watching a lot of Mavic footage on reality/documentary shows. I've often been tempted to move to an inspire but I think it would take a very special shot to see the difference on screen. DJI does a lot right. Another mention is the Pocket 3. The images from that are no dog either. I just wish DJI would offer a telephoto lens for the Pocket 3 instead of concentrating on VLOGing. I would love to have a 24mm eq on that unit.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
These are the specs , , that buit in Smart KVM allows me to run 3 different computers all showing on 1 montior screen at the same time. So windows and mac can run side by side and I just drag and drop between the two.

The 90 Watt USB charging hub is a nice touch .

Took me about a day to get to use to the size , but now its seems small.
Very nice monitor....I am running 2 4k 27" monitors butted up to each other and load my M2P panos (7680x2160) as Win11 wallpapers. The only downside are the monitor bezels in the middle, but a 7680x2160 monitor is too expensive for me to justify to the wife.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Most of the DJI drones are far better than what most of you can really Percieve.
I myself started to really notice this when Flying in the Rain Storms and Capturing the Lightning bolts.

The simple fact is that incredible Resolution is taking place that your paying premium for and not really able to appreicate or make functional.

This is because you most likely cannot see the pictures that your taking on your computer screens

Some of you post some nice size resolution but have no idea how incredible the pictures are when look at them on My 16 ft wide projection screen.
Insert Picture: here

Recently got this New 50 inch monitor to search for UFO activity in the Clouds and Storms, having a blast by the way really seeing the scope of what the DJI Drones are capturing.
This is creamy smooth and crop of the Storm, I can almost zoom into the Rain Drops .

This is a crop of 1/8 of the Picture, to get some scale as I could scroll all the way over an still not get the size of the entire width of the picture.
You have no issue flying in rain w/ the holes not covered by the rain jacket?

You have no issue flying in rain w/ the holes not covered by the rain jacket?
The Wet Suits offer an Air Tight Seal where its needed each one is a little bit different, the vents get covered
but still allow the drone to breathe out nicely.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure