DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying issue

Chris Sailor

Reactions
  • noavatar_small.gif
    Hi, I am a yacht captain and I had a problem during the transatlantic crossing. I was flying chasing the yacht while under-sail and suddenly the drone stopped and remained hovering stationary I was obliged to return with the boat to it's position and landed. I don't know what to do next time perhaps there is something I might set up before flying from a moving vehicle (boat)??

Reactions: bonmot
Hi, Sorry brand new mavic pro 2, I can't remember the alarm but something related to a distance from the controller or magnetic anomalies can't remember!!
If you want it to return to your remote instead of your takeoff point, you need to have a device that is GPS enabled. Then it knows where you are. Otherwise it’s going to either hover or land when it loses contact. Glad it was set to Hover instead of RTH. Compass calibration might be a little tricky aboard the vessel so you might have to hand launch, not sure.

If you want it to return to your remote instead of your takeoff point, you need to have a device that is GPS enabled. Then it knows where you are. Otherwise it’s going to either hover or land when it loses contact. Glad it was set to Hover instead of RTH. Compass calibration might be a little tricky aboard the vessel so you might have to hand launch, not sure.
Hi, it did stopped while following the yacht at around 100mtrs away from the yacht/controller and not responding just stocked at around 50mtrs altitude and only responding to up or down, really weird!!

Reactions: Capt KO
Hi, it did stopped while following the yacht at around 100mtrs away from the yacht/controller and not responding just stocked at around 50mtrs altitude and only responding to up or down, really weird!!
The way to solve drone mysteries is almost always to look at the recorded flight data.
It often shows exactly what was happening in the incident.
To get to the bottom of yours, go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Capt KO
  • noavatar_small.gif
    Hi, I am a yacht captain and I had a problem during the transatlantic crossing. I was flying chasing the yacht while under-sail and suddenly the drone stopped and remained hovering stationary I was obliged to return with the boat to it's position and landed. I don't know what to do next time perhaps there is something I might set up before flying from a moving vehicle (boat)??

The log would be definitive but I can tell you without seeing it what happened - you have a maximum flight distance set, which is measured from the home point where it launched, not from the controller. I've seen several cases where this has led to the aircraft stopping after launching from a boat.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting