DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

flying legal

joshhuntnm

Reactions
in my area there is a discrepancy between the DJI app and the b4ufly app in a particular area. b4ufly says it is a no fly zone; DJI says it is fly cautiously. who to believe? What bad things will happen if I fly cautiously there?

in my area there is a discrepancy between the DJI app and the b4ufly app in a particular area. b4ufly says it is a no fly zone; DJI says it is fly cautiously. who to believe? What bad things will happen if I fly cautiously there?
Download something like AirMap or Kittyhawk. B4ufly is a mess and unreliable to the point that it’s worthless. DJI doesnt attempt to to tell you were you can and can’t fly legally only what somebody in China deems to be safe or not.

Worst case you could fly in controlled airspace without authorization and cause a disruption to air traffic and be on the evening news or worst actually cause a crash. If you are caught flying where you shouldn’t you could possibly be fined or reprimanded by the FAA.

You should just do the little extra research to figure it out. It’s likely it’s as easy as getting immediate approval through LAANC via AirMap or Kittyhawk to fly perfectly legally. It’s super easy so no excuse for flying somewhere without authorization if it’s needed in LAANC participating airspace.

Airmap can serve you almost internationally.
In our country, Spain (in case someone travels and wants to fly their drone ..) you should first check the restricted areas for Drones flights, managed by ENAIRE, on your site:
There are quite a few restricted areas, so it is highly recommended your consultation to fly quietly and if you do not want to deal with AESA (Spanish State Air Safety Agency), since their fines are high.
Enjoy your flight. Fly safe.

Reactions: Gindra
Airmap can serve you almost internationally.
In our country, Spain (in case someone travels and wants to fly their drone ..) you should first check the restricted areas for Drones flights, managed by ENAIRE, on your site:
There are quite a few restricted areas, so it is highly recommended your consultation to fly quietly and if you do not want to deal with AESA (Spanish State Air Safety Agency), since their fines are high.
Enjoy your flight. Fly safe.
Good info.... but OP is in the U.S.

As stated above, for the OP, LAANC clearance is the best answer.

Reactions: nafisgal
Controlled airspace is carved out into 1 mile square grids with each square providing max altitude you can get authorization without a waiver. DJI does generally correlate with the grid, though areas close to the airport may be generalized as an authorization (blue) zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne