DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Mavic Pro in extreme cold weather

Thanks for everyone's posts here. I'm going to Iceland next week. I was afraid the Mavic Pro wouldn't be able to handle sub zero , and would force me to upgrade!

I have the same question.

Temperature below 0C killed my GoPro batteries (all of them). So I am worried about Mavic batteries. But much more I am worried about camera and gimbal. Can I damage the camera or gimbal if I fly in winter? Even misted glass could become a problem if it happens from the inside side without at opportunity to clean it later from stains.
I always check weather sites before flights but what's your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same question.

Temperature below 0C killed my GoPro batteries (all of them). So I am worried about Mavic batteries. But much more I am worried about camera and gimbal. Can I damage the camera or gimbal if I fly in winter? Even misted glass could become a problem if it happens from the inside side without at opportunity to clean it later from stains.
I always check weather sites before flights but what's your opinion?

Keep the batteries warm right up until flight time, inside your coat or inside a warm vehicle. Don't go below 50% charge. For the condensation question. I've never had a problem but I don't fly in high humidity conditions such snow or fog. The gimbal response may get a bit sluggish after some time in the air but it't not a permanent condition. I've flown at -25C but in general, I won't fly if it's below -10C or so. But that's because this old bod doesn't handle the cold as well as it used to. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661