DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying near an airfield

dlincecum

Reactions
I was looking to photograph a lake and river. As I checked on a map I saw a small airfield very close by. The GEO zones on the DJI Go4 app shows no limitations and B4UFLY shows no restrictions. The airfield is quite close though. It does not look like a good place to fly. What are the rules governing this location?IMG_1738.PNG

Latitude 46.32850
Longitude -91.81053

Solon Springs airport is not in controlled airspace so you can fly in the vicinity up to 400 feet. Obviously since it is an airport, don't fly right next to it and especially not right off the ends of the runway as you don't want to impede with any aircraft on takeoff or landing.

Be very cognizant of the surroundings and if you hear an airplane in the vicinity, bring your drone down to be safe.

Optimally it would be best to have a handheld aviation radio with you so that you can listen to the field frequency for aircraft that are self announcing.

Have fun and FLY SAFE !!

I was looking to photograph a lake and river. As I checked on a map I saw a small airfield very close by. The GEO zones on the DJI Go4 app shows no limitations and B4UFLY shows no restrictions. The airfield is quite close though. It does not look like a good place to fly. What are the rules governing this location?View attachment 110544

Latitude 46.32850
Longitude -91.81053
Here's how to look for yourself: UAS Data Exchange (LAANC)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka