DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying online?

Ciawz

Reactions
Hello fellow Mavic Pro Pilots, i am new pilot which need some confirmation

Quoted from dji email about the update
"You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware"

Just wondering are there any of you who've flew with DJIgo4 v4.1 and firmware. 0700 while connected to the wifi/cellular data/internet? Any restriction applied?

My take about the email is = update, register, and you'll be fine
Or is it not?
Havent fly online eversince, afraid they will brick my MP

The internet connection is only required at the point of activation, it makes no difference after that if you are connected or not.

The aircraft uses GPS to determine where it is and refers to the pre-installed database for NFZ information so internet connection isn't required when you fly, nor is it a risk either.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
The internet connection is only required at the point of activation, it makes no difference after that if you are connected or not.

The aircraft uses GPS to determine where it is and refers to the pre-installed database for NFZ information so internet connection isn't required when you fly, nor is it a risk either.

I see, thanks for the clarification.
I assume u are flying with v4.1 app and .0700 firmware then?
Also connected to the internet while flying?

I said I was not going to do it, but I updated to the latest greatest(?) Go4 and 700 FW over the weekend. When I first opened GO4 it just asked me to log in but that was it. After that everything seemed fine. I have made three flights since the updates and everything seems to be working just fine. The whole reason I did update is because ever since I rolled back to .400 I was having issues flying during the golden hour. The collision avoidance seemed to be really sensitive and it would stop really sporadically. Plus everything seemed really jerky. I don't know that the latest and greatest fixed either of those issues, but I am not having any new issues so I suppose I will just leave everything where it is.

I see, thanks to the both of you for clarifying my doubt :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman