DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over Airboats

MPone

Reactions

The Florida Everglades is a 1.5 million acres wetlands preserve on the southern tip of the U.S. state of Florida. Often compared to a grassy, slow-moving river, it is made up of coastal mangroves, saw grass marshes and pine flat woods that are home to hundreds of animal species. The ecosystem it forms is not presently found anywhere else on earth.

Use to live in Port Charlotte and fish along the Tamiami Trail - miss it, especially when I am looking at 18" of new snow ?

Reactions: MPone
Nice Vid....

Nice work :)

In this video it seems I was flying very close to the boats. In actual fact it is not. I used the dynamic-zoom feature in Davinci Resolve to zoom in to make the effect of flying really close. If y'all notice the image seems blurred out as it got closer to the boat - loss of resolution due to intensify zoom. Rest assured there is no close flying over the boats :)

The Florida Everglades is a 1.5 million acres wetlands preserve on the southern tip of the U.S. state of Florida. Often compared to a grassy, slow-moving river, it is made up of coastal mangroves, saw grass marshes and pine flat woods that are home to hundreds of animal species. The ecosystem it forms is not presently found anywhere else on earth.
I enjoyed the video, but isn't the Everglades a National Park?

I enjoyed the video, but isn't the Everglades a National Park?

That part of the Everglades is out of the National Park boundaries. And it is also on private land owned by the airboat operator. There’s a no fly zone geo fence shown here. I was around rural highway 41, nowhere near the National Park.

Attachments

• 692A5C08-5849-4DD7-8EC1-5E8774C5FDFB.png
    692A5C08-5849-4DD7-8EC1-5E8774C5FDFB.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: snoopdrone and W2EJ
That part of the Everglades is out of the National Park boundaries. And it is also on private land owned by the airboat operator. There’s a no fly zone geo fence shown here. I was around rural highway 41, nowhere near the National Park.

Nice [emoji327][emoji1476]

You captured some great stuff! I'm curious about what drone, camera, settings, etc. that you used. I noticed that the horizon is quite curved, more than I'd expect at your flight elevation, did you use any lut's for correction?

You captured some great stuff! I'm curious about what drone, camera, settings, etc. that you used. I noticed that the horizon is quite curved, more than I'd expect at your flight elevation, did you use any lut's for correction?

The air footage was shot with the M2P and ground with the OsmoPocket. Both are 4K/30, 1/60, aperture 4.0 with ND16, DLOG-M. I use Rec709DlogM Lut and editing with Davinci Resolve. M2Pone was flying around 200+ ft high. I think it looks nice with the curved horizon.

Last edited:
Very nice work !!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan