DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over the city of Larisa, Greece

theoaristi53

Reactions
Hello everyone,

This is the first time, I made a video using the Tap Fly mode. I have also learned that this mode doesn't work close to NFZs. Interesting. The thing is there is a big military airport in my city which is going to be expanded so as to host American Drones(MQ-9 Reaper). I wish I could fly it over the Ancient Theater, but this antiquity is just under the NFZ

Nice looking location / city.

I must admit I was surprised by the opening scenes, even as a minor airstrip.
Did you have special permission to fly that from the tower / airport people ?

The church at the end was very interesting architecture, more of this type of structure would add to the video greatly, though the modern areas were nice to see too.

Hello,

Thanks for the comment. I was flying the drone within the authorization zone(yellow zone in the map) so I didn"t have to take a permission from the tower people. You need to have that UAS 101 certification or whatever is called. They will ask for it before giving you the permission. And of course you would need to give them a flight plan. These are the topics they teach you on the certification.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I was flying the drone within the authorization zone(yellow zone in the map) so I didn"t have to take a permission from the tower people.

Ah, it looked like a decent size strip, but obviously not busy.

We have uncontrolled small strips, and I guess we too could fly near them like that . . .
We get a notice on our 'ok to fly' app OpenSky, that says :

"Airport without traffic control.
Operating near an uncontrolled airport.
Stay clear of the airport and approach and departure paths.
Safely land if aircraft are operating in the area."

So we can't (or myself personally, would not want too) fly near the approach / departure, and by virtue of that over the landing runway itself.

All the best and may you have many enjoyable and safe flights into the future.

I too liked the part where he buzzed the control tower. Nice to see such beautiful country!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000