DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying over the Mountain Lakes Wilderness and Modoc Point in Southern Oregon

Nice sir.
Difficult flying the area with the Wilderness and Sanctuary restrictions. For info, the south side of Fourmile Lake is just outside the Sky Lakes Wilderness area and allows a good takeoff/landing spot for beautiful views of the area and Mt McLoughlin.

Greetings! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: aledgavi
Nice sir.
Difficult flying the area with the Wilderness and Sanctuary restrictions. For info, the south side of Fourmile Lake is just outside the Sky Lakes Wilderness area and allows a good takeoff/landing spot for beautiful views of the area and Mt McLoughlin.
Thank you,
There were no restrictions where I was flying the drone. I Always check first before taking off. ?

Very nice!!! The music was great for the video. I'm guessing the big lake is Klamath Lake and Mt. McLoughlin in the distance? Been through that area many times. My grandkids live in Bend so 97 takes us past this area on our way North!

Reactions: aledgavi
Very nice!!! The music was great for the video. I'm guessing the big lake is KlaHi,

Yes, it is Klamath Lake and Mt. Mcloughlin in the background. It's a beautiful area to fly the drone and make videos. I would like to go to the Bend Area and shoot some videos there.

Thanks for your comment ?math Lake and Mt. McLoughlin in the distance? Been through that area many times. My grandkids live in Bend so 97 takes us past this area on our way North!
Hi,
Yes, it is Klamath Lake and Mt. Mcloughlin in the background. It's a beautiful area to fly the drone and make videos. I would like to go to the Bend Area and shoot some videos there.
Thanks for your comment ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prop Wash
Wow, really nice video. Some of the scenery was quite stunning and you got some great footage through some crowded terrain. Nice flying.

Since this was posted critique section, I'll offer some of my thoughts as I watched:
- The same kind of shot seemed to be repeated through the first half of the video with gaining in elevation reveals over pine trees. Perhaps some of that could have been left out in favor of more lake footage toward the end.
- The fade to black transitions were a little jarring at times. Maybe crossfade transitions would have worked better?
- There is a real dramatic change in the music which comes in after the first time we see that amazing lake. If that part of the music was synced up right with the start of the reveal of the lake it would have made it even more impactful.
- I was glad to see later in the video that you had some shots other than flying straight ahead. The looking straight down at the ground shot was fantastic. I also liked a reveal you did using the camera gimbal.

Thanks for sharing your work!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7