DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying under metal structure / tunnel

Wira_wira

Reactions
Hi Mavic Pilots,

Does anyone has experience flying the AC passing through the tunnel with metal structures ?

I need to make cinematic company profile for this constructor
With Phantom I believe I have to fly in ATT mode, but I’d like to use my small Mavic Air

Will I lost my GPS signal, what else should I prepare instead of propeller guard (hopefully not new Mavic Air)

Need your advice

Thanks

Attachments

• A2F7BB2B-BD85-480B-899A-C0ACBC1B0735.jpeg
    A2F7BB2B-BD85-480B-899A-C0ACBC1B0735.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • BE4A291E-1E39-4B46-B333-F8094DDC2839.jpeg
    BE4A291E-1E39-4B46-B333-F8094DDC2839.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Will I lost my GPS signal, what else should I prepare instead of propeller guard (hopefully not new Mavic Air)
You would lose GPS .. IF you flew in a steel tunnel that blocked the Mavic's view of the sky
You would lose control signal .. IF you were outside a steel tunnel without a clear line of sight to the drone.

No you won't lose GPS or control signal in that cage/tube.

At Worst you may lose GPS for a Moment - But will have OPTI (visual sensors) to maintain drift and separation.

Its possible you may have an RC disconnect in the tunnel- (you don't want RTH) so...

Its best to do the flight maybe using Litchi and disable smart return to home-

Litchi WILL Maintain the route - even if the metal disconnects the RC Signal from the aircraft -

Make sure though you have a clearance BUBBLE of 5m around the aircraft throughout the route (GPS inconsistencies)

Safest of all - is for YOU - to FLY inside the tunnel with RC and Drone-

At Worst you may lose GPS for a Moment - But will have OPTI (visual sensors) to maintain drift and separation.

Its possible you may have an RC disconnect in the tunnel- (you don't want RTH) so...

Its best to do the flight maybe using Litchi and disable smart return to home-

Litchi WILL Maintain the route - even if the metal disconnects the RC Signal from the aircraft -

Make sure though you have a clearance BUBBLE of 5m around the aircraft throughout the route (GPS inconsistencies)

Safest of all - is for YOU - to FLY inside the tunnel with RC and Drone-
1. He WON'T lose GPS.
2. He SHOULD NOT use Litchi.
GPS cannot provide that sort of precision and should never be used for flying close to obstacles.
And if he lost GPS (he won't ), he couldn't use Litchi.

Maybe Meta4 is right - Litchi may be a Push here-
Stored GPS co-ordinates in tight spaces is a Bit risky - as they hardly ever replicate exactly.

- although I fly Litchi with excellent 5m precision - on GPS-

- as I said possibly the Safest of ALL is to FLY behind the drone (to ensure RC Connection) - and walk the route - GPS or OPTI modes will keep your precision-

Good Luck - … Plz show the shoot once done - Its an Awsome structure !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan