DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying wisely in Spain

• Thread starter Deleted member 65595
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65595

I just came back from Spain a month ago, and would like to share my experiences when flying there. We visited Andalucía, the southernmost region of Spain, but I assume everything I say holds for the the whole country. The rules are not so strict, to be honest they reminded me of what Italy has implemented. Of course everything will change with the new EU rules, but for now all you have to do is: keep a safe distance from people (50 meters) and buildings (150 meters). Only fly during the day and not over 120 meters. Avoid national parks. This is everything you have to think of when flying recreationally. There are quite a few no-fly zones in larger cities, make sure to check this map before you take off: ENAIRE Drones

Having said all this, my point is that you can get some incredible shots while being on the right side of the law. I am really pleased with how my video turned out, check it out here:

There was one instance where I wanted to fly from inside the castle at the beginning of the video. I asked the guard, and he told me it would be okay if I flew from the outside, but the police might have a say if they saw me. I ended up flying at sunrise, when there was no one around. That's when you get the best shots anyway! Bottom line: Educate yourself before going anywhere, check the situation locally and don't take too big risks. The rules are not possible to regulate 100% anyway, so there is some room for freedom

This is good info. Thanks. I’m going to Fuertaventura in September, so handy to know.

Bottom line: Educate yourself before going anywhere, check the situation locally and don't take too big risks. The rules are not possible to regulate 100% anyway, so there is some room for freedom
Excellent philosophy as places to fly are getting more restrictive every day.

Your video was well edited with short clips of people and places that define a unique culture. Thankfully, the music did not overwhelm the video as its pace moved along nicely with the scenes.

Wow, that's what I call planning well ahead! I must sadly inform you that the new EU regulations will have overtaken the rules i just posted though :/
This is good info. Thanks. I’m going to Fuertaventura in September, so handy to know.

The new EU rules will be enforced 1. July 2020, replacing the old rules each country had
Wow, that's what I call planning well ahead! I must sadly inform you that the new EU regulations will have overtaken the rules i just posted though :/

The new EU rules will be enforced 1. July 2020, replacing the old rules each country had
Yeah, I keep forgetting about those. I don't think they'll have much effect on my plans though.

Hi!

New member here and a newbie drone pilot as well. I live near Torrevieja in Spain and just got a Mavic Mini, i e <250 grams. I want to film with it when I ride my bike to different places, mainly inland.

When I check IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ® it seems as if it is forbidden to fly almost everywhere from Alicante to Cartagena.

Just wanted to check if it matters if my drone weighs <250 grams and should be considered a toy, or should I just flush it down the toilet?

Thanks!
//Olof

PS. Have searched this forum and checked various other sources, but I cannot seem to get a straight answer more than that it probably is forbidden to fly just about everywhere.

Last edited:
Hi!

New member here and a newbie drone pilot as well. I live near Torrevieja in Spain and just got a Mavic Mini, i e <250 grams. I want to film with it when I ride my bike to different places, mainly inland.

When I check IcarusRPA - SKYDRONEX - DRONEX ® it seems as if it is forbidden to fly almost everywhere from Alicante to Cartagena.

Just wanted to check if it matters if my drone weighs <250 grams and should be considered a toy, or should I just flush it down the toilet?

Thanks!
//Olof

PS. Have searched this forum and checked various other sources, but I cannot seem to get a straight answer more than that it probably is forbidden to fly just about everywhere.
Hello, did you get any answers anywhere? I am also living in Torrevieja area and also still trying to figure out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty