DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with one leg antenna?

PandaCheese

Reactions
I only realized this now but somehow one of the leg antennas in my Platinum is detached...I know because I remember it slid out easily when I was tightening the screws on the leg to put it back in position after a rough landing. I didn't know what the heck the plastic strip was at the time, so just shoved it back into the leg. Since then I've flown a lot, and have not noticed any signal problem within 1-2km. Didn't try to go far intentionally either of course.

I bought the Refresh plan but don't have time to use it before going on a trip. Do you think it'll be OK with one antenna if I keep it close? I'll be buying a parabolic reflector too.

On a related note, when I weigh my Platinum like the official spec says (without gimbal cover, all vanilla parts), I consistently get 746g rather than the official 734g. Where the heck is the extra 12g coming from? I'm using a kitchen scale but it can't be off by that much...

I only realized this now but somehow one of the leg antennas in my Platinum is detached...I know because I remember it slid out easily when I was tightening the screws on the leg to put it back in position after a rough landing. I didn't know what the heck the plastic strip was at the time, so just shoved it back into the leg. Since then I've flown a lot, and have not noticed any signal problem within 1-2km. Didn't try to go far intentionally either of course.

I bought the Refresh plan but don't have time to use it before going on a trip. Do you think it'll be OK with one antenna if I keep it close? I'll be buying a parabolic reflector too.

On a related note, when I weigh my Platinum like the official spec says (without gimbal cover, all vanilla parts), I consistently get 746g rather than the official 734g. Where the heck is the extra 12g coming from? I'm using a kitchen scale but it can't be off by that much...

Are you sure its the antenna thats lose as there is another piece of plastic that sits in the leg

Are you sure its the antenna thats lose as there is another piece of plastic that sits in the leg

It’s a long skinny piece with L shaped cross section that slid out. That’s not the antenna?

I probably need to replace both legs since they both have minor cracks now near the base.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143