DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying with the Gimbal cover

Avian

Reactions
HI all

is it possible to fly the MP with gimbal cover. That clear ball shape cover in front.
Not talking about the small one at the back as i know that has to be removed for the gimbal to work.

If so, does this decrease video quality? Could it restrict/damage the gimbal in any way?
Is there a chance it could cut off airflow too much for effective cooling?

HI all

is it possible to fly the MP with gimbal cover. That clear ball shape cover in front.
Not talking about the small one at the back as i know that has to be removed for the gimbal to work.

If so, does this decrease video quality? Could it restrict/damage the gimbal in any way?
Is there a chance it could cut off airflow too much for effective cooling?

Not recommended, as it creates glare from the sun making it hard to see, there are also cooling vents behind the camera. Can buy a cover for use when flying though.

There is no harm in leaving it on.
For example if you are just flying around, learning your craft. Leave it on.
It will not affect the temperature of the AC.
However, once you are competant and want that epic video or shot that we all strive for....you will want that cover off!

Reactions: Former Member
Reactions: Simmo
Thnx for the response, was wondering about force against the gimbal example when flying in Sport mode. I guess the gimbal is strong enough to withstand these forces?

The Mavic is essentially, by design and purpose, a flying camera platform.
There have been many instances whereby the gimbal exhibits seemingly 'strange' behaviour in Sport mode. Especially if 'pushing it'.

Reactions: Former Member
was wondering about force against the gimbal example when flying in Sport mode
Are you referring to the wind hitting the gimbal when the cover is not attached?

The wind will not damage the gimbal.

This is from user manual:
The gimbal cover is used to protect the gimbal. Remove it when necessary.
It doesn’t say it reduces internal fan air flow and take it off before flight.
So I would leave it unless I take pics during free flight.

If you look at the clear bubble they have a cut one the one side so the cooling fan can draw air in . I use mine when I am flying in the trees .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot