DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying without Plastic Bubble

HFGent

Reactions
Hey All.

I was wondering if most, if not, all of you fly without that plastic bubble on because it obscures the clarity of the lens. It seems that with Polar Pro lens cover (which should be shipping soon), there is little reason to ever fly with it unless you are trying to be really protective of the gimbal and lens.

Curious to your thoughts on this. Thanks!

I never fly with the plastic bubble attached.

Hey All.

I was wondering if most, if not, all of you fly without that plastic bubble on because it obscures the clarity of the lens. It seems that with Polar Pro lens cover (which should be shipping soon), there is little reason to ever fly with it unless you are trying to be really protective of the gimbal and lens.

Curious to your thoughts on this. Thanks!

Until the bubble is made by Zeiss or someone similar - I'm not using one ... you spend all that money to have an image filtered through cheap plastic? No thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be of some use to protect the lens when you have no intention of filming during a flight.

I've never tried flying with it on. I certainly would not shoot video or stills with it on. I do keep it on (plus the gimbal clamp) when transporting in the bag.

I'm not convinced the plastic bubble would offer much protection in a major crash. It would probably bust open on impact.

The camera also has inertia. Bubble or not, the gimbal may bend on an impact just from inertia. I never fly with the bubble on. I however do put the little gimbal lock and the bubble on prior to folding it up, just for the added protection.

Reactions: ajg_kestrel_PFAW
wont the clear plastic cause reflection and rainbow effect when it faces the sun or the sun coming from the side..???

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78