DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flysafe Database

Ashjuk

Reactions
As part of the recent update for the Mini 2 and associated batteries I was also prompted to update the Flysafe Database.

Having done that every time I now go to fly my drone I get a warning about Biggin Hill airspace. Biigin Hill is (as the crow flies) 16Kms from my location.

Prior to the update I was warned of Gatwick airspace. Gatwick airport (which is as anyone in the UK will know) is a major international airport whereas Biggin Hill is a much smaller regional one, and Gatwick is only 10kms away!

On the face of it I'm not sure that was such a good update.

As part of the recent update for the Mini 2 and associated batteries I was also prompted to update the Flysafe Database.

Having done that every time I now go to fly my drone I get a warning about Biggin Hill airspace. Biigin Hill is (as the crow flies) 16Kms from my location.

Prior to the update I was warned of Gatwick airspace. Gatwick airport (which is as anyone in the UK will know) is a major international airport whereas Biggin Hill is a much smaller regional one, and Gatwick is only 10kms away!

On the face of it I'm not sure that was such a good update.
This is why I haven't updated mine.

Let's be honest, they're never going to update it with more airspace we can use, the only thing it can do is screw you over from flying where you could before. I'll never update it if I can help it.

I've once been questioned by cops about if I could fly it legally there, which I found kind of funny. As soon as I started talking airspace classifications his eyes glazed over, he said okay have a good day, rolled up his window and left. I seriously doubt you'll ever have a problem. No promises for you though, cousin from across the pond!

To be honest it's not an issue that stops me flying, but it just seems odd that I am now being warned about a much smaller airport with less traffic that is further away.

I can understand being warned about Gatwick as the flight path is only just south of me, but from my location I could never get anywhere close to Biggin Hill airspace.

To be honest it's not an issue that stops me flying, but it just seems odd that I am now being warned about a much smaller airport with less traffic that is further away.

I can understand being warned about Gatwick as the flight path is only just south of me, but from my location I could never get anywhere close to Biggin Hill airspace.
That's good to hear. Just remember, it's not an issue YET.

Honest advice don't update it anymore, but do whatever you're most comfortable with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom