DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flysafe & LAANC indoors in restricted area

barkleyphoto

Reactions
Can anyone lead me to solid information on how to gain permission from both DJI Flysafe and LAANC inside buildings located in airport no fly zones?

You don't need LAANC if you're flying inside a building. That's only for flights in the NAS.

For the GEO unlock, you'll just apply like normal, explain where you're flying (inside only), and set the unlock boundaries at the edge of the buildings. Or, you can email [email protected] and tell them what you're doing. They may be able to help you.

One issue you'll have is if you have issues maintaining GPS inside the building. If you have the unlock on, and you lose GPS, the drone will try and land.

Can anyone lead me to solid information on how to gain permission from both DJI Flysafe and LAANC inside buildings located in airport no fly zones?
As @Vic Moss said you do not need, (nor can you get I think) LAANC permission for inside as the FAA does not have jurisdiction.

Had a similar question, have access to a warehouse near a major airport. Just got my Mavic A2 on Friday, haven't had a chance to fly because of the weather.
Just did the first flight inside with no GPS, all was well untill it must've got a GPS signal and it was going to land due to the "restricted" area.

I was hoping there may be some king of "indoor mode" I'm missing.
You don't need LAANC if you're flying inside a building. That's only for flights in the NAS.

For the GEO unlock, you'll just apply like normal, explain where you're flying (inside only), and set the unlock boundaries at the edge of the buildings. Or, you can email [email protected] and tell them what you're doing. They may be able to help you.

One issue you'll have is if you have issues maintaining GPS inside the building. If you have the unlock on, and you lose GPS, the drone will try and land.
As far as GPS I understand one does not need that to fly indoors as it's likely either not available or spotty at best.

The vision sensor really comes into play if you dare use RTH. Just be sure to set the right height limit!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998