DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

follow me mode problem with the Mavic

pick one if it applies to you.

• You have an iPhone 6s/plus and are on at&t and follow me mode always works for you.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You have an iPhone 6s/plus and are on at&t and follow me mode never/rarely works for you.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • You have an iPhone 7/plus and are on at&t and follow me mode always works for you.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • You have an iPhone 7/plus and are on at&t and follow me mode never/rarely works for you.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • You have an iPhone and are on a network other then at&t and follow me mode always works for you.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You have an iPhone and are on a network other then at&t and follow me mode never/rarely works for yo

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (leave a comment below)

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

AMars32

Reactions
Hey guy's would love if you could take a second to answer this survey, I am trying to figure out the relationship between at&t and follow me mode not working with the Mavic.
- Thanks

My 7 plus AT&T does not work
Called apple support and they sent me to Genius Bar ( genius there concerned it was intel modem but could not trade me phone that had Qualcomm due to apple contract with at&t) and I got a BRAND NEW phone- AT&T
It does not work either---
6 s plus AT&T works ( not intel modem)
IPad mini at&t works
Bought $64 acer 7" works good except for android problems

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have a galaxy s5 from att and it will not work. I just got the phone unlocked and I'm using a new Zealand plan and it still won't work. I'll try with my galaxy tab s2 and see if that works.

Still no joy here!
Tried playing with 7 plus AT&T today some more!!
Weak gps on phone still a problem!
Installed older dji go app and it worked great right out of the box for about 15 minutes- then same problem as go 4 app.
Tried turning airplane mode off and back on and reloading app- sometimes I could get a signal long enough to change the home point.
But never reliable.
Even ran both apps simultaneously LOL
Plugged in older 6S plus and it worked great-
Cheaper Acer seven tab also works right!
Pulling my hair out--
Anyone out there have any ideas?

Ok so I was forced to update my Go 3.01 to Go 4 and now the Follow me works. The mavic does follow but its very jerky while it moves.

Added the new update to my go 4 app
Updated the Mavic in the controller also
Still no joy with the AT&T iPhone 7 Plus GPS signal not strong enough!!!!!!!!

Anyone have a soultion for this? I have tried With my ip7 and ip7 plus... both have intel inside. I tried With my Ipad Air2 and there it following me With no problem, but its not easy to put the ipad in my Pocket :p

Hey guy's would love if you could take a second to answer this survey, I am trying to figure out the relationship between at&t and follow me mode not working with the Mavic.
- Thanks

I use an iPhone 6 plus. Its unlocked. Takes a sim card. Have no idea what kind of GPS or modem or whatever is in it. It used to be on Verizon. Now its just a little tablet with no sim card installed. So no service. The mavic features that need mobile device GPS like follow me and return to me never work because of the week satellite signal from mobile device error. I hate it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo