DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Follow me mode

Justin586

Reactions
Hi All,
Complete novice here so apologies if any of this covered before.
When I enable follow me mode I can see the green box, and it picks me up fine. The mavic camera is also following me fine as I move around the drone. However if I go to jog away from where I'm standing it trains the camera on me but it doesn't move to follow me so it loses me when I get about 25m away...
Any ideas as to what I'm missing that is preventing the mavic from actually following me at the constant distance? Gps is strong, beginner mode is on, p mode enabled.

The main thing I bought this for is the follow me function when I'm Wakeboarding so i need it ideally to be able to follow me in Long straight lines down the lake

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Are you trying to use ActiveTrack or Follow Me?

I'm trying to get it to follow me- it looked from the manual like it's called active track. Basically the manual doesn't mention follow me mode, which is clearly there on the controller interface! Going to take it out for a spin again tomorrow so wanted to try get it right

Above, you're describing ActiveTrack. But, you now are saying you want to use Follow Me. When you head out tomorrow, make sure you choose "Follow Me Mode" from the flight mode menu ;)

There should be no green box or OK button if the OP is using Follow Me Mode.

Yes but as he wasn't he'd have had to tap OK to get something like the result he was expecting ;)

Active track is much more precise and effective for following a moving object than follow me mode.
Active track is new and uses new cameras and drone app so its response is immediate and follow me mode is old and uses remotes gps signal so it has a lot of lag.
Active track detects the object in the centre of screen and you have to press ok to select or draw a box around the object you want to it to follow and then press ok in any case otherwise it want start to track.

Active track is much more precise and effective for following a moving object than follow me mode.
Active track is new and uses new cameras and drone app so its response is immediate and follow me mode is old and uses remotes gps signal so it has a lot of lag.
Active track detects the object in the centre of screen and you have to press ok to select or draw a box around the object you want to it to follow and then press ok in any case otherwise it want start to track.

I had the same issue, selected active track, centered myself in green box, tapped on the box and selected GO, bird would yaw and keep me centered as I moved side to side but if I moved away it would not follow me. It would only do that if I selected follow me from the menu, so the question is, should the Mavic follow you as you move away in active track? or only keep the camera focused on you without changing location?

I cannot get active track to engage because it says low gps signal
iPhone 7 plus works perfect otherwise

Active track works great for me, but cannot get follow me to work. I get the green box but no 'go' button to start it up. Sometimes i get 'low gps signal' or 'object too close/far' message. What Am I doing wrong?

Also does anyone know how fast it will follow in active track?
The Mavic speed in the active modes is 22 mph max. 2 things to keep in mind. The active track is software driven so in abrupt acceleration or movements it tends to lose the subject. Make your movements slow and avoid quick changes in speed or direction. Wind speed greatly affects ground speed. The Mavic flying into a 10 to 15 mph wind would only be capable of 7 to 12 mph. You have to consider this when trying to track a motorized vehicle that isn't affected by wind. Also, the winds aloft are almost always greater than they are at ground level.

Sent from my SM-P600 using MavicPilots mobile app

... bird would yaw and keep me centered as I moved side to side but if I moved away it would not follow me.

You have to activate "multiple flight modes" in the app's preferences.
This solved the exact same problem for me. Now the bird really follows.

You have to activate "multiple flight modes" in the app's preferences.
This solved the exact same problem for me. Now the bird really follows.
Yep, I posted this back at the beginning of Dec right after I received my Mavic, I found the same solution a couple days later.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661