DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For the love of god

BaNZ

Reactions
Please insure your drone if you can barely afford it.

I showed my friend my MA and straight away he went to get it via financing. I told him to read the manual very carefully or he will lose the drone. Told him there are FAA rules and he wasn't interested at all. I proposed that I meet up with him on the day that it arrives so I can show him how to fly it. But no, he refuse and say he will just take off in his backyard which is most likely a NFZ.

He is also looking to take it on holiday this week and I just checked his destination. It needs a drone permit....

Oh well, I guess he might learn it the hard way.

Reactions: Classic flyer
insurance or not, that sounds like a recipe for disaster in any case.

you can already tell him how to post the .txt log here for when he loses/chrases the drone ;)

I showed my friend my MA and straight away he went to get it via financing. I told him to read the manual very carefully or he will lose the drone. Told him there are FAA rules and he wasn't interested at all. I proposed that I meet up with him on the day that it arrives so I can show him how to fly it. But no, he refuse and say he will just take off in his backyard which is most likely a NFZ.

He is also looking to take it on holiday this week and I just checked his destination. It needs a drone permit....

I wouldn't worry too much about the NFZ. Sounds like it may not be around for long.

I'm facing the same issue. I showed a guy at work the Mavic and he showed his son (who is 11). he is now in the process of buying a Mavic and despite my protests he thinks he will be taking off from his garden and flying the coast a couple of miles away, over many residential streets and a high street shopping area. He is also on the verge of a major airport no fly zone. No matter how much I tell him it isn't a toy and he could get in serious trouble he thinks I am over reacting.

I'm facing the same issue. I showed a guy at work the Mavic and he showed his son (who is 11). he is now in the process of buying a Mavic and despite my protests he thinks he will be taking off from his garden and flying the coast a couple of miles away, over many residential streets and a high street shopping area. He is also on the verge of a major airport no fly zone. No matter how much I tell him it isn't a toy and he could get in serious trouble he thinks I am over reacting.
nobody likes to here "I told you so" but sometimes it doesn't need to be said ;)

Reactions: darren6270

Some people just need to go the hardest way possible...a good "EDUCATION" is expensive

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll