DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those of you who know what's on the inside of our Mavics

Marko9219

Reactions
Are there any antennas inside the arms? It seems it would be a great place for a radio antenna, being spread apart like they are. I want to apply some reflective prismatic tape on the arms, but it's Mylar and I sure can't be interfering with any radio signals trying to get in the arms.

Are there any antennas inside the arms? It seems it would be a great place for a radio antenna, being spread apart like they are. I want to apply some reflective prismatic tape on the arms, but it's Mylar and I sure can't be interfering with any radio signals trying to get in the arms.
The front arms and "feet" have the antennas in them (I have read this on the forum but do not have first hand knowledge.)
Mavic aircraft RC antenna location?

Last edited:

Yes, there are antenna located in both of the front arms/feet. I would not put anything mylar anywhere on my drone. The antenna are in the from but the board that they are connected to is located at the rear of the craft between the rear legs. Also located there you will find a compass and your gps unit, all which will be susceptible to the interference.

Thanks all! This is exactly what I assumed and why I asked. So the only place to stick high reflectivity Mylar safely, would be the top of the battery it sounds like.

I need take off the forward housing, does anyone know what size starz driver is required to remove the hex nuts.

1.5mm is the hex size. When you ‘crack’ open the case beware the gps/compass 1 cable is very short.

Also when you put it back together, squeeze the front of the top cover firmly between thumb and finger until you hear a click, this will fully engage the top front and middle frame, about 10mm back from the front. If you don’t, two bumps will soon appear as the top cover stresses during flight.

Also the two screws holding the front arm covers a very slightly smaller than the others.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hidnflagn