DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

For those who bought the Mavic 2 PRO And the Mavic 2 Zoom..

silverdragon

Reactions
Did you end up selling one of the two and why? I'm asking because I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and thinking of buying the Mavic 2 Pro and I'm going to keep one of them but if I had insite of the 2 it may be helpful to my decision making...

Reactions: charliesRig
Still have both.
Fortunately no need to sell either one.
(hoarder?)
So it looks like you like both of them... Do you use them for different reasons/functions?

Low light picture quality is the pro.
Just the zoom portion of the system is the reason on the zoom.
Then I guess if they incorporated the Zoom capabilities into the Pro then it would of been a true homerun with the (Mavic 2 Pro Zoom) model

But the bulkyness of the Phantom again. Would it be nice if it had landing gears that tucked up under the drone and a 360 degree camera pan?

I own the 2 Pro, but will be ordering the zoom this week. Identical reason as Starz stated. Love the M2P picture quality. But WANT the zoom capability. I have different scenarios where zooming in post is not as convenient as zooming on the spot.

Reactions: CJH92474 and TN Ray
Why have two birds ? Why not just buy the other camera/Gimble/Board and swap them out ?

Just asking for a friend. cR

I thought about that initially but,

#1, voids warranty
#2, the possible chance of breaking during swap or an error after swapping.

There is a thread floating around this forum somewhere about a guy who swapped his gimbal and received an error. Can’t recall all the details. I just don’t wanna risk breaking something while swapping the gimbals for the 50th or 100th time. Plus, I wouldn’t wanna swap on the fly in the field and there may be a time I come across something that I would wanna use the other camera to capture.

Reactions: CJH92474
I thought about that initially but,

#1, voids warranty
#2, the possible chance of breaking during swap or an error after swapping.

There is a thread floating around this forum somewhere about a guy who swapped his gimbal and received an error. Can’t recall all the details. I just don’t wanna risk breaking something while swapping the gimbals for the 50th or 100th time. Plus, I wouldn’t wanna swap on the fly in the field and there may be a time I come across something that I would wanna use the other camera to capture.
I read that one, but he said something like everything is working well with it but he has the error message.

It looks like if I opt for the M2P I just may end up keeping both of them.. the Pro for the video and picture quality and the Zoom for the zooming capabilities...wait a minute....what's wrong with the Zoom Video and picture quality... I've watched videos and seen photos taken from the Zoom that is amazing ....so why dont I just keep the Zoom and still have amazing footage and photos...

But the bulkyness of the Phantom again. Would it be nice if it had landing gears that tucked up under the drone and a 360 degree camera pan?
It’s called the inspire two

Ok...a few comments from M2Z fan. 1) unless you a professional photographer and or profesdional photography critic......98% of the population can not tell the difference between same good pic or vid shot on each drone. The difference is primarily self serving only. 2) When you or anybody is flying a drone .... By unavoidable nature you are exploring. You are looking, seeing, investigating. Be it a monument, city scape, park, lake trip, camping trip.....the eyes of your drone is the link to your experience/fun AND the factor determining the shots you can or can not get. The M2Z with 24-96mm zoom can cover double, triple, quadruple the exploratory ground coverage per battery. The M2Z can also take 1000s of vid shots that can't be touched or even considered with the M2P. M2Z versatility is far superior to the M2P. (Don't get me wrong.....not knocking the M2P....love them and all the peeps that fly them) Just a few facts to chew on.

Last edited:
I started off with the M2P, and it is an excellent camera. The main purpose of my drone is for commercial documenting of our projects, and the zoom camera does a better job at that. I still have both cameras, but have only been using the zoom. As indicated in an earlier post, it is also my opinion that unless you are doing "professional" photography, you will not see the difference between them. That zoom function is soo much better for most work.

I also would NOT recommend using the two camera approach if you plan on routine changeouts. The changeover is not difficult at all, but the data connection is a connector that does not appear to be made for many off/on uses, and if you don't get it set on correctly, it appears that it could be damaged.

Reactions: WARRIK and DoctorId
Ok...a few comments from M2Z fan. 1) unless you a professional photographer and or profesdional photography critic......98% of the population can not tell the difference between same good pic or vid shot on each drone. The difference is primarily self serving only. 2) When you or anybody is flying a drone .... By unavoidable nature you are exploring. You are looking, seeing, investigating. Be it a monument, city scape, park, lake trip, camping trip.....the eyes of your drone is the link to your experience/fun AND the factor determining the shots you can or can not get. The M2Z with 24-96mm zoom can cover double, triple, quadruple the exploratory ground coverage per battery. The M2Z can also take 1000s of vid shots that can't be touched or even considered with the M2P. M2Z versatility is far superior to the M2P. (Don't get me wrong.....not knocking the M2P....love them and all the peeps that fly them) Just a few facts to chew on.
Your absolutely right on this. I own a zoom and can’t imagine needing the pro. I never take pictures anyway, or play with any of the goofy features besides the zoom feature. And it is nice! I own the Autel Evo as well and the zoom feature is super awkward and not as crisp, compared to the Mavic.

Did you end up selling one of the two and why? I'm asking because I have the Mavic 2 Zoom and thinking of buying the Mavic 2 Pro and I'm going to keep one of them but if I had insite of the 2 it may be helpful to my decision making...

I would have to ask, "why you purchased a drone to begin with"? Are you a hobbyist or a professional? if a professional, "what kind of work do you do?

In my opinion, every drone has its place. At times, I even use the Mavic Air to do roof inspections where the home has overhanging tree branches. The Mavic 2 Zoom is perfect for this type of work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom