DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forced GO 4 update in a week?

Mavic pro is now 1400 quid of useless since update. Go4 app won't open and errors with shutdown error and resolution errors on s7 edge. Never had an issue until today and I took a week off work to film by the coast. Arrrrgh
I guess everyone is getting random variants of the same result. The drone is grounded.

Spoke with dji customer support chat they said they were unaware of issues even though play store has reviews today stating it isn't working. They did tell me iOS is fine so must be android issue, no it's your programmers issue, I didn't realise this is now solely an iOS product overnight. They will let their developers know of the issue

Spoke with dji customer support chat they said they were unaware of issues even though play store has reviews today stating it isn't working. They did tell me iOS is fine so must be android issue, no it's your programmers issue, I didn't realise this is now solely an iOS product overnight. They will let their developers know of the issue
I spoke on the phone. I'm almost certain, assuming these problems started today, it's related to the forced update that limits your drone if you don't reactivate after the update. The problem, is, there's no update yet. Guy said R&D is alarmed at what's going here, and are trying to now push the update out as quickly as possible.

Reactions: KiterTodd
The update will be via app or via firmware did they let on. I don't know how to reactivate my mavic. Nothing happens when it's connected to rc and phone

The update will be via app or via firmware did they let on. I don't know how to reactivate my mavic. Nothing happens when it's connected to rc and phone
According to my 2 hour conversation with the guy, the activation is supposed to happen automatically after the app is updated, as long as the app is signed into your account and you have internet. Otherwise the drone's operation will be limited. But it would seem something triggered many drones to conk out today, including mine, and there are plenty of others in the same boat right now.

Yeah as he told you and I am sure as you were also and myself, signed in updated overnight with internet connection and then go to open and nadda. I don't know if as I was told it seems to be android devices only or if iOS has also been effected

Without even updating the Mavic is now rendered useless.
Have you even read anything on here? If you do not update... NOTHING will change whatsoever, even if you do update the capabilities of the drone still do not change....

Have you even read anything on here? If you do not update... NOTHING will change whatsoever, even if you do update the capabilities of the drone still do not change....
Well obviously I must be a big idiot then. Of course I have read. I didn't just wake up this morning and decided to make this stuff up. My Mavic is exhibiting the very symtoms of limitation as described in the newsroom article. And I didn't even update. Besides the changes are to the app, not the FW.

Reactions: Bunny Too
I spoke on the phone. I'm almost certain, assuming these problems started today, it's related to the forced update that limits your drone if you don't reactivate after the update. The problem, is, there's no update yet. Guy said R&D is alarmed at what's going here, and are trying to now push the update out as quickly as possible.
Which virtually guarantees it will be poorly tested and may be buggy, possibly including something really serious.

I won't touch it under these conditions.

Thank God I'm still on .400 and GO4 4.06 (Android). Everything still works the same as yesterday.

Of course, the answer to this is to put .400 back up on the servers and have people downgrade to that until the problem's fixed. I'm amazed DJI hasn't done this yet.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
R&D is alarmed at what's going here?
I find this funny , why are they so surprised ?
This is nothing new coming from them

After catching up on this thread this evening. I was pretty anxious to test mavic. We are an Android house,but my time with phantoms and mavic , I decided to get an iPad best accessory you can buy for a DJI product. I know that's old news, don't bust my chops.
Anyway
Go4 app 4.08
FW .400
No problems or restrictions whatsoever during test this evening. I know I'm not in the clear yet, no telling what DJI is capable of.
Hope things get better for you cyberpower678

Tried to downgrade to .400 with assistant and it is not even listed anymore!!!aarrrgghh

After catching up on this thread this evening. I was pretty anxious to test mavic. We are an Android house,but my time with phantoms and mavic , I decided to get an iPad best accessory you can buy for a DJI product. I know that's old news, don't bust my chops.
Anyway
Go4 app 4.08
FW .400
No problems or restrictions whatsoever during test this evening. I know I'm not in the clear yet, no telling what DJI is capable of.
Hope things get better for you cyberpower678
So I have great news. I wasn't quite satisfied that this was really coming from the forced upgrade so I decided to do some experimenting. I ended up reformatting the SD card, and BOOM my feed returned. :D. I'm doing a test flight tomorrow.

Many users are reporting these problems, mine occurred after the goggles. The manual says you can move the SD card into the goggles to access the footage, but something weird must have happened and when I reinserted the SD card into my Mavic, it behaved strangely. I'm assuming this issue is happening to new goggle owners.

Tried to downgrade to .400 with assistant and it is not even listed anymore!!!aarrrgghh
Sadly, I saw this coming. EXACTLY why they never let anyone actually download it for their own archives. Tell me they are not up to shenanigans.

So I have great news. I wasn't quite satisfied that this was really coming from the forced upgrade so I decided to do some experimenting. I ended up reformatting the SD card, and BOOM my feed returned. :D. I'm doing a test flight tomorrow.

Many users are reporting these problems, mine occurred after the goggles. The manual says you can move the SD card into the goggles to access the footage, but something weird must have happened and when I reinserted the SD card into my Mavic, it behaved strangely. I'm assuming this issue is happening to new goggle owners.

So you found it on your own, and the very qualified support team did not know what solution to offer ? Sad ...

Also, this tells me that it uses the SD Card for buffering during feed prob.

The sad part in this story is that we all agreed to it, as per the app terms ... :(
f80f37c94611659b4d539ba41b86265e.jpg

To make it even worst IF they will lock certain areas (like my entire City is now) ..... some would not be able to even unlock as countries (Like mine) prob do not have a agreement with DJI ... this sucks big time !
2e8e826bcc160dcad3132f538fb1e7e7.jpg

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
To make it even worst IF they will lock certain areas (like my entire City is now) ..... some would not be able to even unlock as countries (Like mine) prob do not have a agreement with DJI ... this sucks big time !
2e8e826bcc160dcad3132f538fb1e7e7.jpg

Romania! Wow. Better call Vlad or Dracula! lol. While we are all scared of the boogie man, might as well go a step further!

Reactions: dorubrad
Dorubrad, that's the same for me in Poland, except from the fact that Chinese Intelligence apparently does not know about airport located nearby and special locked zone near city center (which they had marked in previous version of fly-safe map...)

Attachments

• GEO_KRK.jpg
    GEO_KRK.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: dorubrad
Dorubrad, that's the same for me in Poland, except from the fact that Chinese Intelligence apparently does not know about airport located nearby and special locked zone near city center (which they had marked in previous version of fly-safe map...)

Yeah, Chinese intelligence .... and do not know go very well together on that one :) lol

Leaving jokes aside, maybe this would be less that we are scared about but let's hope it is not more ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying