DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Foreigner traveling to US, wanting to legally fly a drone - any advices?

Rho

Reactions
Hi, everyone. This is my first post in the forums. I'm a proud owner of a Mavic Pro Platinum living in Chile, South America. I'm traveling to the Miami Beach next month and I'd love to take my drone along but only if able to legally fly it on the US, for recreational purposes only. I'm not a US citizen.

I'm trying to familiarize with the US laws regarding UAVs. I've checked on the FAA website, and it suggests either I should fly under part 107, registering my drone and going thorough the tests and exams required (maybe not possible due to short stay in MIA) or fly under "section 44809 of the FAA Modernization and reform act", a section which I still can't find or read on the internet.

Airmap also suggests that I fly under part 101E, but I'm not sure if the FAA modernization act repealed this part of the law.

Any input or insight on this matter would be greatly helpful.

PD: I tried my best on my English. Sorry for any grammar errors I may have overlooked.

First you’ll want to visit this website which has information for foreigners visiting this US with their drone.

Then you’ll need to vist this website to register your drone and register your drone under “fly model aircraft under section 336.”

Anything that refers to section 107 doesn’t apply to you. Look for section 336 rules and those are the ones to follow.

Reactions: Rho
First you’ll want to visit this website which has information for foreigners visiting this US with their drone.

Then you’ll need to vist this website to register your drone and register your drone under “fly model aircraft under section 336.”

Anything that refers to section 107 doesn’t apply to you. Look for section 336 rules and those are the ones to follow.
Thank you, I'll have a look at it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka