DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forgot to remove the gimbal cover

Dmascot

Reactions
Did I screw up my gimbal? DJI Fly notified me before I could take off, so I powered off the Air II and removed the cover. When I powered the MA2 back on the gimbal did its normal test, so it seems like it is okay.

Did I screw up my gimbal? DJI Fly notified me before I could take off, so I powered off the Air II and removed the cover. When I powered the MA2 back on the gimbal did its normal test, so it seems like it is okay.
i will probably screw it up if you do it to many times attach a bright coloured piece of ribbon to the cover to remind you to remove it
its something most of us have done at some time or other

I just joined the club of "Forgot the gimbal on".

My first Mavic, MA2, shot some good videos, photos, etc... went back home, connected my mavic to my PC and suddedly and after 10-15 minutes of transferring photos, I saw the cover on.
Of course I was not flying so I never thought to remove it.
So question.. did I screw it up? 10-15 minutes on, transferring videos, the controller was off so I had no warning... How can I check if it is still working okay? I did powered on without the cover after my "mistake" and it seemed to worked. Move the drone around and the gimbal was trying to follow. Does it need calibration now? Did I just throwed 1000 euro in the bin, 12 hours after I got it?? :(

I just joined the club of "Forgot the gimbal on".

My first Mavic, MA2, shot some good videos, photos, etc... went back home, connected my mavic to my PC and suddedly and after 10-15 minutes of transferring photos, I saw the cover on.
Of course I was not flying so I never thought to remove it.
So question.. did I screw it up? 10-15 minutes on, transferring videos, the controller was off so I had no warning... How can I check if it is still working okay? I did powered on without the cover after my "mistake" and it seemed to worked. Move the drone around and the gimbal was trying to follow. Does it need calibration now? Did I just throwed 1000 euro in the bin, 12 hours after I got it?? :(

I wouldn’t worry about it. By the way why don’t just transfer the video and pics by taking the sd card out? Much easier.

What a great idea ( attach a bright coloured piece of ribbon to the cover ) much like special warning tags are attached to devices such as pitot tubes on aircraft. That deserves a medal. Great. Maybe an idea for someone to start marketing one.

Reactions: old man mavic
What a great idea ( attach a bright coloured piece of ribbon to the cover ) much like special warning tags are attached to devices such as pitot tubes on aircraft. That deserves a medal. Great. Maybe an idea for someone to start marketing one.
its an idea thats been around for a long time but it does help jog your memory to remove the cover, and your correct it is something borrowed from military and civil aviation

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB