DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Forward Vision Sensor Calibration Error- How To Calibrate

Yes. Watched it twice. Did you happen to read my full post? Each time I point the Mavic's camera at the moving square, a message displays at the bottom of the screen to reboot Mavic and try again. After 17 times, I told myself "screw it" and I'll fly the Mav like my Phantom 3 Standard (without forward or bottom vision positioning sensors.)
That happened becoz your pc not suport

I'm having this problem now, only it won't even go into the first calibration screen. It *always* says, "reboot the aircraft."

I have tried it on my desktop, laptop and tablet - same exact results.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Using I Phone and I Pad for Remote using DJGO App. Have not installed DJI Assistant 2 yet. My lap top is Windows 10 -Will the Assistant2 work with and be compatible with Apple software? Have tried using the DJGO App to recalibrate vision sensor calibration. Recalibration will not work with DJGO App square box scenario - trying many times - continue getting message Calibration Failed - Re Try.

As a follow up to prior post - I just updated the latest Firmware update and I Phone software updates today - I wonder if this had anything to cause this issue?

Have you watched this video?

Thank you for the video. I was having a mare of a time yesterday when, after having my Mavic Pro for only 1 day, I was getting System Warning errors. This cleared it up and now no errors!

Cheers

Has any one had the error A0000C go away after changing out the front sensors? Is calibrating the only way?

I'll second the advice about removing the clear plastic stickers. I had just gotten the Mavic Pro a couple of days ago and saw one sticker there that had a tiny little pull tab on it so I removed it. I didn't look closely enough to see another one covering the right sensor until reading about it in this thread. Once the sticker was removed, it calibrated very quickly in the DJI Assistant 2. A big thanks to Thunderdrones for posting what worked for me!

Read somewhere in other forum last year when I tried to calibrate the Mavic sensor when it prompted me and kept failing after certain calculation when finished calibrating. Someone did mentioned to try it on other resolution and it helps. Hence I tried onto my wife's PC at 1920 X 1080 HD panel.

Good Luck.
Try a screen resolution of 1600x900

Hello! I think I have the same problem! I crashed my mavic into a tree, bought the spare parts and fixed it! He is now flying and working everything fine but the sensors! The bottom and front sensors are not working at all but I don’t receive ANY errors message from the drone. I opened the bottom shell and found out that there is a capacitor missing ( or whatever is the name of it ), and I would like to know if anyone knows if this is a part of vision sensors circuit or something like that! I sent a picture of the board to a local repair shop and the guy told me that he can weld a “new” capacitor on my board removing it from an another board that he has and weld into my board and that should resolve my problem. Can anyone tell me if this is my problem or can be anything else? I will try to post here the picture of the board and mark the “capacitor” missing and a screenshot of the dji app showing ready to fly with no errors! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 9A0835B8-9A02-41DC-87DD-05E7CFC2E869.jpeg
    9A0835B8-9A02-41DC-87DD-05E7CFC2E869.jpeg
    815.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 109B43C2-9947-401C-8AED-9F0BEA4F8C17.jpeg
    109B43C2-9947-401C-8AED-9F0BEA4F8C17.jpeg
    724.5 KB · Views: 29
  • B7E9CF04-FA43-465A-B2E9-9DD53C6F40DA.jpeg
    B7E9CF04-FA43-465A-B2E9-9DD53C6F40DA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Forgot to say that I cannot calibrate on dji assistant 2 since the calibration button is grey and won’t even let me start the calibrarion process! Thank you all!!!

Last edited:
"opened the bottom shell and found out that there is a capacitor missing ( or whatever is the name of it )"

First off "capacitors" DON'T go missing. Surface mounted electronic components are soldered in. No way they go missing.

Something is not right.

I tried over and over on my big computer screen and it didn’t work. When I tried on my surface it worked first time

I tried over and over on my big computer screen and it didn’t work. When I tried on my surface it worked first time

"opened the bottom shell and found out that there is a capacitor missing ( or whatever is the name of it )"

First off "capacitors" DON'T go missing. Surface mounted electronic components are soldered in. No way they go missing.

Something is not right.
Well it could be a manufacturing defect, replacement board coming from a crashed drone where the capacitor (or resistor) dislodged (still can be a manufacturing defect with a poor soldering), or part was intentionally removed to fix some other drone or electronics needing the same part.

Monitor size and display resolution seems to be a factor. Too big or small of a monitor or too high/low of a resolution may be a problem.

My 15" laptop with its screen being 720p doesn't work but my PC with 1080p 21" monitors works just fine.
I haven't tried my 2.5K 27" monitors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks