DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found: Mavic Air, Manchester, UK

Ifoundyourdrone

Reactions
Hi there

I found a crashed drone yesterday (24/02/2018) in Manchester. Looked these up and they're quite valuable, so I'm sure the owner is anxious to get it back!

Firstly - if you think it's yours, get in touch!

Secondly - any advice on the best way to verify ownership?

Thirdly - if nobody comes forward through the forum, what's my next best bet to find the owner?

Thanks

Lewis

I can only help with the second point. The owner should be able to upload flight logs so you can view them online. The last flight should show it flying near or at where you found it. If not, you can remove the microSD card at the back flap and look at the video. The real owner should be able to tell you what’s on it.

Very honest of you to come forward. Have you posted this on the DJI forums too?

Have you removed the battery, many owners put contact details in there. Squeeze the 2 clips on the side of the battery on top.

Reactions: oblisk
Post it to this forum as well, this is the main official DJI Mavic air forum

DJI MAVIC forum

Thanks for your replies. No contact details on the unit unfortunately but have posted on the main DJI forum :)

hirdly, you have made reasonable efforts to trace the owner. If the owner fails to come forward within a reasonable period ( I think uk police suggest 1 or 3 months for their purposes ) then it is yours providing that if the owner does show up, he has a claim of ownership. You might notify the police, but do not take it into them, you are not required to ,if not claimed they will sell it and buy more speed traps. On a more serious note, if it crashed, keep the battery out of the aircraft, it could be dangerous if damaged, don't keep the battery in the house.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78