DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Found my lost Mavic!!!!

POMPD's
(Peace Of Mind Paranoi Devices - for finding awol MP)
2x devices velcroed on top of batteries, easy to shift between multiple batteries:

Front with aerial - Marco Polo rf position transmitter for hand held device locator, 3-4 km range.

Back smaller unit - Drone Keeper Mini movement sensor, audible beep activates after 2 minutes if no movement, can hear from maybe 50-100m away, good for finding out which tree foliage you've buried your MP in.

Both units last days on internal batteries. Plenty of posts here on Marco Polo.

Reactions: enohp15
POMPD's
(Peace Of Mind Paranoi Devices - for finding awol MP)
2x devices velcroed on top of batteries, easy to shift between multiple batteries:

Front with aerial - Marco Polo rf position transmitter for hand held device locator, 3-4 km range.

Back smaller unit - Drone Keeper Mini movement sensor, audible beep activates after 2 minutes if no movement, can hear from maybe 50-100m away, good for finding out which tree foliage you've buried your MP in.

Both units last days on internal batteries. Plenty of posts here on Marco Polo.
Ah ok......Yesterday I ordered a Trackimo...intend to velcro it to MP and P4P+ ....and its other use may be attached to a car or jetski when required.

I took it off and it looks really good. I gently dried it off with a hair dryer. And left it in front of a space heater and dehumidifier for the night. I put the battery in and all sensors work, camera and final work, and all 4 motors.

Later I took it for a very small test flight and it worked fine but was a bit loud because of cracks in the props (I think)
Thank you for sharing. I would do all calibrations before longer flight

Reactions: mryeje
I sent DJI a link to my Google drive where I uploaded all the logs from DJI assistant 2. They responded with "I have sent the info to our analysts, but the data seems not available. Please do not power on the aircraft for long and I will keep you updated if further info is needed"

At this point the drone works, i don't want to send this thing to DJI just to get shafted with a repair bill because they don't feel responsible. After reading other people's horrible accounts of sending back their drones for warranty service, I don't trust them. Opinions?

Thank you for sharing. I would do all calibrations before longer flight
I did every calibration I could find. No issues, there was a camera gimbal shake error but I found a the gimbal plate was out of place and put it back, that resolved the problem. I have since flown it within line of sight from my driveway with new props and it works great.

Reactions: Tornado1
Found the Mavic I lost back in july! Its sitting in a bag of rice. Anyone know how long to leave it in the rice?

My MP was in a rooftop for months. As soon as I got it I replaced the battery and it came to life. I was skeptical to fly it but headed to an open field and it flies just like the first time. Never put it inside a bag of rice and trust me during the months it was lost we had crazy weather. It flies like a charm.

Ah ok......Yesterday I ordered a Trackimo...intend to velcro it to MP and P4P+ ....and its other use may be attached to a car or jetski when required.
I have the Trackimo as well, it works great on 3G network, GPS and also has BlueTooth on the AP for getting close to the area it is located.

My MP was in a rooftop for months. As soon as I got it I replaced the battery and it came to life. I was skeptical to fly it but headed to an open field and it flies just like the first time. Never put it inside a bag of rice and trust me during the months it was lost we had crazy weather. It flies like a charm.
How long ago did you find it? Have you been flying it for a while? Im reluctant to send it to DJI because it works and I dont trust them. I'm just worried that something could eventually corrode and short. Where the foot broke off the light above it is very dim now.

Also, I was able to recover footage of the drones last flight before it crashed if anyone cares to watch it. At first I thought that it flew into a tree because I didn't account for a hill but after watching it several times it looks like the drone keeps hesitating and eventually loses altitude before it hits a tree. The feed to me cut out at about 75% of what was on the SD card. Once I watched the recovered footage I was able to watch 3 mins past the last point I watched in Drone Harmony's preview.

Also, I was able to recover footage of the drones last flight before it crashed if anyone cares to watch it. At first I thought that it flew into a tree because I didn't account for a hill but after watching it several times it looks like the drone keeps hesitating and eventually loses altitude before it hits a tree. The feed to me cut out at about 75% of what was on the SD card. Once I watched the recovered footage I was able to watch 3 mins past the last point I watched in Drone Harmony's preview.

I don't think it lost altitude - the terrain elevation is rising steadily in that direction. It looks like you launched at around 240 ft MSL, it started out flying over forested terrain at around 145 ft MSL while the ground elevation climbs to over 400 ft MSL on that heading. Looks like at hit the trees at a ground elevation of around 320 ft MSL.

Reactions: Vilco
I don't think it lost altitude - the terrain elevation is rising steadily in that direction. It looks like you launched at around 240 ft MSL, it started out flying over forested terrain at around 145 ft MSL while the ground elevation climbs to over 400 ft MSL on that heading. Looks like at hit the trees at a ground elevation of around 320 ft MSL.
I was basically thinking the same thing but it hesitates and looks like its losing velocity. I wasn't very far from where it lost connection to the controller (approx the 6min mark) the controller acted like I'd turned the Mavic off, no reconnecting or lost connection indiciation, rth didn't do anything.

Reactions: Vilco
I was basically thinking the same thing but it hesitates and looks like its losing velocity. I wasn't very far from where it lost connection to the controller (approx the 6min mark) the controller acted like I'd turned the Mavic off, no reconnecting or lost connection indiciation, rth didn't do anything.

I suggest that you extract and post the DAT file from the aircraft. That will tell us exactly what was happening.

dronemap.jpg
You're a lucky guy. Did the map on your phone/tablet help you find it?
I went to the site 4 times in the summer with trail marker tape and marked all the key locations, I used a compass to follow bearings that I got from google maps and marked off direct trajectories from an old tractor path to each point if interest on the google map. When i found the mavic it was with in 20 ft of a trail marker.

open

Last edited:
I did upload everything with DJI assistant to my google drive. 11-16-2017 - Google Drive

It created a 3 gb dat file and a bunch of other random files.

So you did. The relevant DAT file was FLY101. Your mission requested a constant elevation of 45 m (148 ft) above the takeoff point, which was at 240 ft MSL. The following plot shows ground elevation and flight altitude above MSL for the flight.

FLY101_elevations.png

As you can see, the aircraft held the requested 45 m altitude pretty well, but it was only around 70 ft AGL at the end of the flight when it hit a tree. The problem was that the waypoint elevations that you had programmed were too low for the flight path requested.

screenshot56.jpg

Reactions: rfc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111