DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV Goggles

JackWendel

Reactions
I have the white FPV Goggles and believe they are the 1st.Generation type, I'm not real impressed with them when flying my mavic pro and im sure there are better ones available now.
So 2 questions ill ask are how much are they worth today and which ones would impress a user like you or me?
Thx.again Jack

They SHOULD be ok, have used another pilots white goggles while he flew once, did the head tracking thing with them, very cool.
It could be the first ever white goggles were surpassed by later versions.

There are the DJI RE (racing edition) goggles, which supposedly have a little less latency, I have these but really couldn't pick between those and the white ones I wore once, as far as performance goes.
The view given was close to superb.

Both of those are not made by DJI any longer, not sure if stock can be found in many countries, not here in Australia, that's for sure.

Other options are Yuneec Typhoon with cable connection, perhaps others might be compatible (the DJI FPV goggles are not compatible though) . . . and glasses like the Epson ones, not sure how they go performance wise.

The quality of the DJI goggles was head over heels better than most of the 'real FPV' goggles though, they are very scratchy at time, though DJI makes (made?) the DJI FPV Air camera system, a digital module that was highly valued.
Again, they no longer make it, really strange as the FPV gurus really liked it / raved about it.
This was not on the market a long time from memory, and it worked with the DJI FPV goggles, as shown on this page . . .

When I click on that link to shop for the Air system, it shows up as obsolete, no longer available.

So this is not at all compatible for use on your consumer drone, and based on the other white or RE goggles being obsolete, I'd say you try Yuneec or other such, but none are probably going to exceed (in performance) how those 2 types of DJI goggles worked with their range of drones.

Those you have and the RE version are the only ones that will work wirelessly and seamlessly with your MP. The RE doesn't bring much with that aircraft to warrant an upgrade. Anything else would require extra hardware, not be properly integrated and be more cumbersome, and it's unlikely you'd find the image better in the first place, typical FPV goggles have lower resolution and way narrower field of view.

So these white goggles are pretty good after all?

Yes, usually about as best as you will get.
Of course anything electronic can have things go wrong with them, but if you've had them since new and they give a reasonable rendition of flight, they are probably fine.

Some people simply don't like using goggles, some get 'airsick' sensations, others with minor sight issues can cause fuzzy vision, you can get corrective lenses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair