DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FPV V2 Goggles Unavailable??

Chaosrider

Reactions
I saw this on the DJI Forum yesterday, and it seems to be true. At least, Amazon doesn't have any available.

Does anybody know anything about this??

At a list price of $587 on Amazon...but unavailable...and replacement FPV drones at about $680, it almost makes sense to buy the package for $999, and sell both the drone and the controller, so that I can get the extra set of goggles.

I hope this shortage doesn't last...

I'm not sure what to make of this. You read something, reference that since Amazon (seller) tagged it 'unavailable' you cast a wide net that the goggles are unavailable... while many other vendors are still offering them?

Is DJI still listing them ?
It appears yes, so at least not made obsolete (yet !)

We have regular retailers here too with them, so for sure Google search should find some for you.

Our std pricing here seems to be AU$999, about US$708.55.

I'm not sure what to make of this. You read something, reference that since Amazon (seller) tagged it 'unavailable' you cast a wide net that the goggles are unavailable... while many other vendors are still offering them?
I'm asking a question out of ignorance, not posting any kind of definitive answer.

Why would you think otherwise? It was pretty clearly a question.

Is DJI still listing them ?
It appears yes, so at least not made obsolete (yet !)

We have regular retailers here too with them, so for sure Google search should find some for you.

Our std pricing here seems to be AU$999, about US$708.55.
Thanks for this, I wanted to sign up to get notified when they come back in stock, and I just did that!

US$708.55...is that pre-tax, or post-tax? In the US, prices are almost always quoted pre-tax.

I can get an FPV Combo for $999, so if that's the pre-tax price, I could just buy another package to get the goggles, and get the drone almost for free!

This is very confusing and disturbing...

US$708.55...is that pre-tax, or post-tax? In the US, prices are almost always quoted pre-tax.

Our prices would include our flat 10% GST (goods & services tax).

Yeah, do your sums and should be a good way to get spare goggles, for little or even no cost.

I just tied to find a Joshua Bardwell YouTube video where he supposedly had inside info the v2 were planned to be obsoleted soon, couldn’t find it but might have been a livestream.
I did find this reddit post (op deleted) where it was basically laid out as possible conjecture.

Anyway, still using my RE goggles years after obsoletion, of course they won’t work with some of the later models without mods / cables.

Our prices would include our flat 10% GST (goods & services tax).

Yeah, do your sums and should be a good way to get spare goggles, for little or even no cost.

I just tied to find a Joshua Bardwell YouTube video where he supposedly had inside info the v2 were planned to be obsoleted soon, couldn’t find it but might have been a livestream.
I did find this reddit post (op deleted) where it was basically laid out as possible conjecture.

Anyway, still using my RE goggles years after obsoletion, of course they won’t work with some of the later models without mods / cables.
There are at least two versions of the DJI FPV goggles. I have the V2 version, and that's what I'm looking to get.

So that price works out to $644 USD pre-tax? That's a lot more than I saw them for here...when I could find them here...

In the run-up to the Mini-3 release, Mini-2s were briefly unavailable on Amazon, but they came back a few days later. The speculation ran wild that the Mini-2 was going to be discontinued, but that hasn't happened. I have no idea what that dance was about, except to spin-up pre-orders for the Mini-3. But in this case, there's no obvious need for that, there being no substitute available.

"RE" goggles?

Thx!

Weird, I still show them available on Amazon. Already ordered my 2nd set and they'll be here Saturday. Looking forward to flying with a passenger.

There are at least two versions of the DJI FPV goggles.

So that price works out to $644 USD pre-tax? That's a lot more than I saw them for here...when I could find them here...

"RE" goggles?

Thx!

Yes the report was v2 soon to be made obsolete, time will tell.

Ah, some call it the Australia tax, we pay a lot more for some (actually most goods, utilities, etc.
But many blame high retailer margins, and they would have fairly good mark ups on goods in out modest size market.
In reality it is more about economies of scale / supply & demand.
Strangely, drones and various packages they are marketed in seem to be priced within reason to other country releases.

The RE goggles are the racing edition, very much similar to the original DJI white goggles.
They were made in the Mavic Pro era and were best suited the the M1P and M2 drones.

Yeah, I think it was Josh Baldwell that had said something about them being discontinued. If the v3 goggles are backwards compatible, I may get them, but only time will tell.

Weird, I still show them available on Amazon. Already ordered my 2nd set and they'll be here Saturday. Looking forward to flying with a passenger.
Weird indeed.

Yesterday they were unavailable when I checked, and now they're back.

I suppose I should just break down and buy them...

(sigh)

Yes the report was v2 soon to be made obsolete, time will tell.

Ah, some call it the Australia tax, we pay a lot more for some (actually most goods, utilities, etc.
But many blame high retailer margins, and they would have fairly good mark ups on goods in out modest size market.
In reality it is more about economies of scale / supply & demand.
Strangely, drones and various packages they are marketed in seem to be priced within reason to other country releases.

The RE goggles are the racing edition, very much similar to the original DJI white goggles.
They were made in the Mavic Pro era and were best suited the the M1P and M2 drones.
Interesting, thanks.

I dunno about this V2 obsolescence rumor. It sounds pretty rumorous to me.

What would be different about these Mythical V3 Goggles?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh