DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

France : another cathedrale, another (drone) incident

Nickes

Reactions
Strasbourg, France.

A Russian tourist in his thirties flew a drone over the unique spire of the cathedrale of Strasbourg (forbidden) at 2 in the morning (forbidden), ran out of battery and ... got stuck on the spire. He called the local police to claim for his copter, got busted. Had to send 6 special force guys to retrieve the quad.

He will be judged in October for flying, at night, without authorization over a restricted area.

Drone stuck on Strasbourg (FR) cathedrale (french only, sorry)

Years ago, as I was driving down the road, someone did something in front of me that was as stupid as it could have been. A friend had a machine that made bumper stickers. I immediately got him on the phone and asked him to make a sticker that said “CAN’T FIX STUPED” with the reason for the misspelling to help drive home the point. We passed them out like candy. I should have put a copyright on that phrase as some comedian out of Phoenix picked it up and ran with it for several years. The whole point here is stupidity is genetic, it’s not a learned trait. Once it shows it ugly head, it’s there for the duration. Obviously this particular person has the gift.

English translation courtesy of Google Chrome . . .

Drone stuck on the spire of the cathedral: a Russian tourist will be tried for forbidden overflight

A Russian tourist, aged 31, in police custody, for flying over Strasbourg Cathedral on the night of Thursday to Friday will be tried on October 8 before the Strasbourg Criminal Court. Friday at 2 am, six firefighters of the Research and Intervention Group in Dangerous Environments (GRIMP) intervened on the Place de la Cathédrale in Strasbourg to recover the aircraft stuck on the spire of the Strasbourg Cathedral. The machine run out of battery was stuck in the religious building.

The man then appealed to the municipal police to recover his drone. Having no authorization to fly, the thirties were apprehended by the police.

Released after being auditioned, he is prosecuted for "commitment or maintenance by the remote pilot of an aircraft traveling without a person on board over a prohibited area", as well as for his use at night and the non-compliant conduct to safety rules.

Years ago, as I was driving down the road, someone did something in front of me that was as stupid as it could have been. A friend had a machine that made bumper stickers. I immediately got him on the phone and asked him to make a sticker that said “CAN’T FIX STUPED” with the reason for the misspelling to help drive home the point. We passed them out like candy. I should have put a copyright on that phrase as some comedian out of Phoenix picked it up and ran with it for several years. The whole point here is stupidity is genetic, it’s not a learned trait. Once it shows it ugly head, it’s there for the duration. Obviously this particular person has the gift.
Great Point! I started a business 5 years ago. One of the potential partners who wasn’t interested in getting involved, got involved because he had a son who was passionate about the industry. This potential partner was our primary source for funding the business. In retrospect, no amount of money was worth having these toxic people involved. The son defined the word stupid. But the biggest issue was that he thought he was the smartest person in the room. 5 years later I orchestrated the sale of the business just to get these people out of my life. The word Stupid always brings this situation to the top of my mind. Sry to pontificate here.

I see this as a totally different. I don’t think any of this was out to be stupid. I am convinced this was planned well kinda. People will do anything for “the shot” and of course the fail part is part of the game. As for wanting it back that’s easy. I’m betting there is something good on in it. No just kidding. ? You see it all the time. Stupid is stupid. Either way , they problaby where cooked. Your suppose to mark your drone. ?

Strasbourg, France.

A Russian tourist in his thirties flew a drone over the unique spire of the cathedrale of Strasbourg (forbidden) at 2 in the morning (forbidden), ran out of battery and ... got stuck on the spire. He called the local police to claim for his copter, got busted. Had to send 6 special force guys to retrieve the quad.

He will be judged in October for flying, at night, without authorization over a restricted area.

Stupid Hurts.

Strasbourg, France.

Common sense isn't that common

English translation courtesy of Google Chrome . . .

Drone stuck on the spire of the cathedral: a Russian tourist will be tried for forbidden overflight

A Russian tourist, aged 31, in police custody, for flying over Strasbourg Cathedral on the night of Thursday to Friday will be tried on October 8 before the Strasbourg Criminal Court. Friday at 2 am, six firefighters of the Research and Intervention Group in Dangerous Environments (GRIMP) intervened on the Place de la Cathédrale in Strasbourg to recover the aircraft stuck on the spire of the Strasbourg Cathedral. The machine run out of battery was stuck in the religious building.

The man then appealed to the municipal police to recover his drone. Having no authorization to fly, the thirties were apprehended by the police.

Released after being auditioned, he is prosecuted for "commitment or maintenance by the remote pilot of an aircraft traveling without a person on board over a prohibited area", as well as for his use at night and the non-compliant conduct to safety rules.

Was he auditioning for flight of the Condor I wonder....

I had a t shirt that said "I see stupid people", I never wore it again after I was admonished by a stupid person ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji