DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free Flight Simulator recommendation?

MelC

Reactions
Hi, I've purchased a MA2 and haven't even opened up the box yet but wondered if there is a free flight simulator that's compatible with it. A Google search came up dry but I thought I'd try here anyway.
Thanks in advance, Mel

I don't believe there is a compatible flight simulator at the moment.

I use the DJI Flight Simulator with my other DJI drone remote controllers but it hasn't been updated for the MA2 RC
It's free with limited flight environments
Bear in mind it needs quite a powerful pc with GPU - 64-bit versions of Windows 10 with a GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Card

A simulator for a Mavic 2 is quite useless and boring, as the Mavic usually flies itself and is only commanded for going into a specific direction.
If you want to train your skills with using a remote controller I would suggest buying a cheap toy drone in range of 20-30 bucks, just for training purposes. This one is much more difficult to control than a Mavic and therefore does the training job much better (and with more fun) than any Mavic simulator.

Reactions: Searat290
That's the way to do it. Learn to fly indoors on a small cinewhoop...then move to outdoor flying when comfortable. You're just getting used to the orientation of flying, without the risk of losing a more expensive drone.

I don't believe there is a compatible flight simulator at the moment.

I use the DJI Flight Simulator with my other DJI drone remote controllers but it hasn't been updated for the MA2 RC
It's free with limited flight environments
Bear in mind it needs quite a powerful pc with GPU - 64-bit versions of Windows 10 with a GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics Card

Thanks for the input. I believe I have the horsepower so I'll keep my eyes open.

A simulator for a Mavic 2 is quite useless and boring, as the Mavic usually flies itself and is only commanded for going into a specific direction.
If you want to train your skills with using a remote controller I would suggest buying a cheap toy drone in range of 20-30 bucks, just for training purposes. This one is much more difficult to control than a Mavic and therefore does the training job much better (and with more fun) than any Mavic simulator.

Thanks for the feedback. That's an interesting point that I hadn't considered.
Mel

That's the way to do it. Learn to fly indoors on a small cinewhoop...then move to outdoor flying when comfortable. You're just getting used to the orientation of flying, without the risk of losing a more expensive drone.

Thanks for the feedback....................Mel

this is not relevant to your specific drone, but I posted this a few months ago:
I Just finished researching the issue of simulators. The best I could find was Zephyr, which was mediocre at best., as follows:
Using the keyboard as a controller was miserable, not to mention not useful practice for actual flying. Zephyr did just OK with a wired Xbox 360 controller on my MacBook. You Need to download a driver for the Xbox controller.

There is a free trial version of Zephyr, good for 30 days. It is expensive $99. It has a number of “ Scenarios” Missions, which generally involves flying to specific location with some Percision. The joysticks on the Xbox 360 controller were way too sensitive though. I think that probably is the fault of the driver. I will not be buying it

DGI ‘s only simulator for Mac is the “Academy” in GoFly 4. It provides VERY little in the way of practice. You will reach it’s maximum usefulness in about seven minutes. Maybe seven minutes and 20 seconds
[/QUOTE]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1