DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

French Riviera flying

Lesio333

Reactions
Anybody flew a drone in French Riviera? What areas should I avoid? Where is it safe to fly? Do I need any special documentation? Additional courses? Additional insurance?

Here's the map showing where you can fly in France : Géoportail
So if by "French Riviera" you mean Nice, well...you can leave your drone at home I'm afraid.

I think drones will he heavily monitored to the point where it's going to kill the hobbyist.

Here's the map showing where you can fly in France : Géoportail
So if by "French Riviera" you mean Nice, well...you can leave your drone at home I'm afraid.
LOL, I think you are right. We will be traveling the whole south border, maybe we will find some unrestricted piece of cost? Thank you for the link

Thanks for the Geoportal link. I'm off to France tomorrow as we have a holiday home there. I'm taking the MP2 for the first time and having just looked at the geoportal map I see we have a no fly ZONE half way across our land so I can fly down one side of the garden upto 30 metres and not at all on the other. I have no idea why except that we are very near the top of a hill and I frequently see low flying military jets, in fact you don't usually hear them coming so can be quite a surprise ! I had already taken that into consideration so was never going to fly very high :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-18 14.17.20.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-18 14.17.20.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 11

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
controllesp