DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance for recreational flyer

marshvet

Reactions
I am curious if those of you who are recreational flyers get insurance? I will be flying in French Polynesia in June. As I went through the hoops to be legal to fly there, they recommend that you have insurance. What do you all think? Thanks.

I am curious if those of you who are recreational flyers get insurance? I will be flying in French Polynesia in June. As I went through the hoops to be legal to fly there, they recommend that you have insurance. What do you all think? Thanks.
I have PL insurance and fly recreational. Cheers Len

AMA-Academy of Model Aeronautics includes liability insurance for drones or models flown legally. A membership is $75 a year, gets you onto the flying fields they sanction if flying with RC modelers is an interest. They've been there for RC modelers for most of 100 years, have adopted droners recently...

modelaircraft.org

AMA-Academy of Model Aeronautics includes liability insurance for drones or models flown legally. A membership is $75 a year, gets you onto the flying fields they sanction if flying with RC modelers is an interest. They've been there for RC modelers for most of 100 years, have adopted droners recently...

modelaircraft.org
Thanks so much for the reply. I did check with them and will probably join. But, they do not insure for overseas. I still need to find an option for that.