DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From Mini to Air 2.... now what?

MassCoyote

Reactions
After around 100 flights with the Mini, I wanted something that could handle more wind gusts. Today, I purchased a Mavic Air 2 from Best Buy. Haven’t even opened it yet. Already got my FAA number and comfortable flying drones.

However, I’ve read that I have to charge all batteries on the drone the first time otherwise they’ll brick. Anything else I should Initially know that the manual doesn’t cover? I follow most the popular Mavic/drone YouTubers and only will use it for recreation. I plan on getting DJI Refresh. TYIA
01FAA0FE-2126-4127-9704-EA4951E624BB.jpeg

Reactions: Hauptmann
you need to do the first charge of all of the batteries just using the charging brick to wake them up , then you can use the charge hub for further charges
they are not charged in the drone like the MM ones

The absolute best advise I can give you. First read your manual. Second is to take your time and learn the controls. Third is safety and enjoy your new hobby.

YouTube has several setup videos that are detailed on how to get your Mavic Air 2 flying safely. Some are more detailed than others.. however if you watch several, you should have a good handle on the setup if you're not there already. Course, as noted, its always handy to read the manual as well..

You need to charge them separately first, then you can charge more than one at at time after the initial charge.

Can I activate Air 2 US version when I’m located in Greece?
yes you can but it might tie any warranty claims to the country of registration. That is the case when you get the refresh pagkage. it has to go to the country of purchase repair centre

Reactions: Hauptmann
Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann in North Texas!

The MA2 is a great machine with a great camera. Lots of cool stuff to shoot in New England!

Read the manual (link below), and be conservative at first. Practice using "Find My Drone". Don't wait until you lose your MA2 before you try to learn how to find it. We have over 100,000 members world wide to help you advance as a pilot and photographer. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can.

Thanks for joining!
Mavic Air 2 - Downloads - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft