DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustrating DJI/Newegg Experience.

Charles C

Reactions
So I pre-ordered my Mavic back in December and received it early January. I loved the Mavic but after having gimbal issues and being overall disappointed in the image quality I decided to return it for a refund.

I reached out to Newegg/DJI and had them issue an RMA for the Mavic. I sent it back in 1/16 and it arrived to DJI's return center on 1/19. It has now been 2 full weeks and I have not heard anything back. I have reached out several times to Newegg and DJI separately and all I get are generic messages saying they will get back to me in a few days, which they never do.

Finally yesterday I decided to call American Express and they are going to look into it. They told me that if they cannot get it resolved quickly that they will charge back Newegg and take the charges off of my account. As of today they have frozen the charge to Newegg so that I don't have a balance and don't have to make any payments until its resolved.

Newegg's customer service is horrible. The fact that you have to wait an 1hr most days just to get someone on the phone is awful. Only when you pay for Newegg's Premier Service are you entitled to be answered in a reasonable amount of time. I will never purchase from them again there are many other online retailers who are much more customer service oriented.

Sorry for the rant.

Sounds like a frustrating experience.

One point to consider is that with the Chinese New Year happening right now, and for probably another week, DJI is probably on a skeleton crew (if anyone is there at all). However, that doesn't explain Newegg's customer service issues.

Yeah my first thought was Chinese New Year, I would just think here in the states that there operations wouldn't slow down too much as I imagine there is a much more diverse crew working in California. I am just hoping this gets resolved soon, it's not like it needs to be refunded urgently, I just don't like when people say they are going to get back to me and then don't.

So I pre-ordered my Mavic back in December and received it early January. I loved the Mavic but after having gimbal issues and being overall disappointed in the image quality I decided to return it for a refund.

I reached out to Newegg/DJI and had them issue an RMA for the Mavic. I sent it back in 1/16 and it arrived to DJI's return center on 1/19. It has now been 2 full weeks and I have not heard anything back. I have reached out several times to Newegg and DJI separately and all I get are generic messages saying they will get back to me in a few days, which they never do.

Finally yesterday I decided to call American Express and they are going to look into it. They told me that if they cannot get it resolved quickly that they will charge back Newegg and take the charges off of my account. As of today they have frozen the charge to Newegg so that I don't have a balance and don't have to make any payments until its resolved.

Newegg's customer service is horrible. The fact that you have to wait an 1hr most days just to get someone on the phone is awful. Only when you pay for Newegg's Premier Service are you entitled to be answered in a reasonable amount of time. I will never purchase from them again there are many other online retailers who are much more customer service oriented.

Sorry for the rant.
I ordered through Newegg and they were extremely helpful. Sorry to hear about your experience

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00